What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I finished up the valve cover replacement and then got back under the car with the the trans since the correct pilot bearing arrived. I got it pressed back in place and then got the new scatter shield, flywheel and bell housing adaptor installed. Now its time to measure the runout with the dial gauge indicator and it was then I realized the one I got from my buddy was not going to work. The way the stand is made is too tall so I had to bite the bullet and get the one they recommend. Its slow progress but progress.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
E76EA826-A5DD-4818-9EFB-5CC2640479D6.jpeg 6522A29A-CF4F-42BE-BDFF-19ED8DF033EB.jpeg After FINALLY getting the new calipers, upper and lower rear control arms and pinion snubber in, I reinstalled the back half of the exhaust. Another clean of the vacant engine compartment and it’s ready to go back to FTK for the engine install.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Got the rear dot matrix covered with gloss vinyl this morning. This is the 3rd New Edge stang I've done this too, and it's infinitely better than the cloudy appearance of tint over the dot matrix.

Attachments

• IMG_7074.JPG
    IMG_7074.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7218.JPG
    IMG_7218.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7265.JPG
    IMG_7265.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 15

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Vermont chopper dude,
Forgive my ignorance, but by “dot matrix” you’re referring to the rear window defrost lines?? And what is this gloss vinyl ? Is it on the inside or outside? My ‘95 could use a refreshing on the tint, so always interested in new/better ideas.
Thanks!
P.S.- great looking interior btw. Love that quick release steering wheel setup .

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
The dot matrix is the little black bumps towards the top of the rear window. They are on the inside. When applying tint to them, it doesn't adhere evenly, leaving a cloudy appearance. I had my local vinyl shop apply some gloss black vinyl on the outside of the glass, over the dot matrix, so it looks much more seamless and clean.

Thanks for the compliments on the QR steering wheel setup. I'm excited to try it out at the track!

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Not that we know of, these things had been breaking loose for awhile, looked at the studbolts yesterday. 2 of the them were completely stripped. They were on there tight earlier today so i have no idea how they came off. we got arp studs on the way
Really hoping its just the studs

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You might wanna replace ALL, not just 2! Eliminate that ever happening again. Just sayin’.
My unsolicited $.02

MoMustangs

Reaction score
Yeah ive order enough to replace all the front studs, rear doesnt have the problem, but well get to changing those soon, lucky this didnt happen to him on a freeway, its all taken apart right now just waiting for parts to arrive

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yeah ive order enough to replace all the front studs, rear doesnt have the problem, but well get to changing those soon, lucky this didnt happen to him on a freeway, its all taken apart right now just waiting for parts to arrive
Maybe the wheel spacer wasn’t allowing for enough thread engagement?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Got the flat rear tyre changed. Still had loads of tread on it. Not sure why it went - there was no screw / nail in it, no obvious splits or cracks, however the guy who changed it for me did spot that the manufacturing date stamped on it was 2001. Guess I haven't changed that one then!

TMW

96gt226410

Reaction score
Installed some billet aluminum racing pedals. The rubber was well beyond it's life, so I figured I'd spice up the interior a bit with these. Also, I'm hoping it will make heel toe shifting much more manageable.

That's some clean ass carpet!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online