What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

maillemaker

Reaction score
I took off the driver's side door panel. Discovered that some of the staked rivets have cut loose. I'm going to try some plastic repair epoxy to fix. Plus the holder for the button array has broken off. Will use the epoxy for that also. I fixed the peeling "pleather" that was coming away from under the weatherstripping near the door lock. Used some contact cement to re-secure the entire upper edge that fits into the weather stripping.

Snorky

Reaction score
I took off the driver's side door panel. Discovered that some of the staked rivets have cut loose. I'm going to try some plastic repair epoxy to fix. Plus the holder for the button array has broken off. Will use the epoxy for that also. I fixed the peeling "pleather" that was coming away from under the weatherstripping near the door lock. Used some contact cement to re-secure the entire upper edge that fits into the weather stripping.
I just did this fix not too long ago in my forbidden fruit thread page 7. I posted a bunch of pictures. The 2 pieces of the door cards were separated in multiple spots from some savage trying to rip the door panel off to fix the window. Also had to reapoxy 4 or 5 of the hooks to hold the door card onto the door. Check out the pictures.
https://www.sn95forums.com/threads/forbidden-fruit-6-8l-pi-2v-v10-build.77975/page-7

maillemaker

Reaction score
I just did this fix not too long ago in my forbidden fruit thread page 7. I posted a bunch of pictures. The 2 pieces of the door cards were separated in multiple spots from some savage trying to rip the door panel off to fix the window. Also had to reapoxy 4 or 5 of the hooks to hold the door card onto the door. Check out the pictures.
https://www.sn95forums.com/threads/forbidden-fruit-6-8l-pi-2v-v10-build.77975/page-7
So it looks like you are using the epoxy to bond the broken-off stakes/heads back to the panel?

I was thinking of drilling out the stake heads and letting the epoxy ooze up and form a new head.

How strong do you feel your repair was?

weendoggy

Reaction score
Thought it time to get back to work on some projects. Changed oil in the Coyote today and...yep, ran into a small snag. It seems my new Eibach bar is too big (diameter) and makes it very difficult to remove the oil filter. Well, after some head scratching (no banging) I just loosened both bushings a bit and that gave me just enough room to remove and replace the filter. So, now I have choices...either do this everytime or install a remote setup. At least it was off center of the bar and just needed to lower the bar about 1/2".

oilfilter_swaybar.JPG

Snorky

Reaction score
So it looks like you are using the epoxy to bond the broken-off stakes/heads back to the panel?

I was thinking of drilling out the stake heads and letting the epoxy ooze up and form a new head.

How strong do you feel your repair was?
The panel to panel isnt going anywhere. I loaded that area up and had the C clamps on it. The hooks. Time will tell with that.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
My buddy welded some turn downs on the 3” Magnapack mufflers. Did a “quick & dirty” temporary install and it’ll do for now. Damn outlets don’t even point in the same direction :rolleyes: It will be redone in the near future but Jesus H Christ it’s louder than anticipated. Cruising in 5th/6th is tolerable but WOT is gloriously obnoxious. Resonators and tail pipes are already being planned.

1999B271-2BBF-46C3-98C7-1E7FDCC994CF.jpeg

2DCE2AB3-FDCA-4B84-AB59-CFDC54D48B0C.jpeg

oilspill

Reaction score
took it to firestone to get the front and rear aligned. They couldn't get it on the rack as its "to low". Now have to find someone else, guess lifetime alignment is no longer valid

oilspill

Reaction score
My buddy welded some turn downs on the 3” Magnapack mufflers. Did a “quick & dirty” temporary install and it’ll do for now. Damn outlets don’t even point in the same direction :rolleyes: It will be redone in the near future but Jesus H Christ it’s louder than anticipated. Cruising in 5th/6th is tolerable but WOT is gloriously obnoxious. Resonators and tail pipes are already being planned.

View attachment 24247

View attachment 24248
those threads hanging down from the hangers make me nervous!

joemomma

Reaction score
Got the new Summit driveshaft in and back on the road. It didn't appear to me that the trans yoke went in all the way, but I didn't look at it before I pulled it honestly, so I'm sure it is fine. When laying side by side with the old one, they're the same length. There's only so far it'll go in and still bolt up to the flange on the rearend.

joemomma

Reaction score
AvCXLm4.jpg
That much of the yoke is sticking out - does that look right? Just looking for a sanity check here. It drove fine during the test drive.

joemomma

Reaction score
Thanks man, I couldn't remember what it looked like when I pulled it. I wasn't really focused on that end anyway at the time.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Today I programmed the replacement key fobs for my new-to-me '95 Stang.

1678235080786.png

Also replaced burned out fog lamp bulbs with new LED bulbs.

1678235132035.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online