What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I talk to him daily. We’re currently trying to figure out why his car made LESS power when swapping to a bigger blower and making more boost.

I’m in southern Louisiana and Adam in in Jersey. Split the difference and we’ll all get together @ VIR sometime :cool:

Edit: Good ol bellville washers.. We use tons of them in high voltage connections.

View attachment 25953
Hornets?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Looks like insulation. Man, that's a sketchy job. I'd always be worried about arc flash. With the looks of those things, there's easily enough voltage to kill both you and your ghost.

Are you guys getting enough fuel to the beast to take advantage of the more air? Just how many psi? I've heard of people literally blowing out the spark with so much boost as well.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Shit, when I was riding in the truck earlier and saw your pic. Looked like some Hornets had taken over , but on second glance from my bed ...... I m loosing it..lol. What voltage on that?

That is a 13.8kV to 34.5kV step up transformer. Those particular terminations are the 34.5kV side and this is the 13.8kV side:

70648055146__1F3BEE40-4EFE-458F-B91C-CBBBDD48BEB7.jpeg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like insulation. Man, that's a sketchy job. I'd always be worried about arc flash. With the looks of those things, there's easily enough voltage to kill both you and your ghost.

Are you guys getting enough fuel to the beast to take advantage of the more air? Just how many psi? I've heard of people literally blowing out the spark with so much boost as well.

He has roughly 460 lb/hr fuel flow, 54% injector duty cycle and has the plugs gapped at .028”. They went down to .018 but the issue persisted. He’s suspecting a faulty coil pack and was going to swap his set for the known good set in his dads GT500. If the GT500 throws a code, he’ll know. I’m finding it odd that a simple blower swap and tune adjustment would lead to such a dramatic power loss.

Lwarrior pointed out that a C7 came in for a blower upgrade and the blower was so big the engine couldn’t spin it fast enough to make power even with a smaller crank pulley.

Cars are weird.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
54%? Damn, that's hella low. I'm definitely no expert in this regard but I was under the assumption that duty cycle ought be somewhere between 80 and 90.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
54%? Damn, that's hella low. I'm definitely no expert in this regard but I was under the assumption that duty cycle ought be somewhere between 80 and 90.
That means he has more than enough injector for his application . My car runs around the same and gets up to 75% when running full e85 on pump 94 I see about 52-56% . In boosted applications it’s always nice to have a bit more injector imo .

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Did not do anything to the cars but I was cleaning up around the new added building
I am getting ready for more concrete 16 x 18 in front of building

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Did a little more body work to the rear S281 bumper, snapping some more pics tomorrow. I have to wait on some more hex patterned mesh to arrive because I kinda screwed up some of it. And either tomorrow or Sunday I'll finally (actually) do a real world test on the electric e-brake on a nice incline. Moment of truth!

Snorky

Reaction score
I talk to him daily. We’re currently trying to figure out why his car made LESS power when swapping to a bigger blower and making more boost.

I’m in southern Louisiana and Adam in in Jersey. Split the difference and we’ll all get together @ VIR sometime :cool:

Edit: Good ol bellville washers.. We use tons of them in high voltage connections.

View attachment 25953
Old dirty jersey.. what a place to be.

I'd your friend swapped to a bigger blower and is driving it the same. Boost will go up... more cfm per rotation and the restriction ie motor isn't umproved to reduce the restriction charge. The question of why it's making less power is a very complicated one. Possibly running under the blowers efficiency range?

Like when you border line max out a turbo... It wants to jump out of its own skin, but a larger turbo under its efficiency range will be a bit more doggy.

A prime example are those gen3 vmp blowers when compared to a slightly larger whipple or kenne bell on a gt500 in the 700 whp range.. The smaller tvs blower craps all over them.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bolt check and once over to find a leak in my new sve rad that’s been in the car for a short time like constant people mention incomplete welds were the issue . Quickly fixed that up and ready for a no prep street car event tomorrow at airstrip

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online