White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering how long before you switched gears and started working on the coyote swap...I'm going to be pulling mine out here in the next week or two depending on things.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I was wondering how long before you switched gears and started working on the coyote swap...I'm going to be pulling mine out here in the next week or two depending on things.

My offer stands ;)

I don’t have too much left to buy towards swapping the 5.0 in. I’ve been dragging my feet or spending the money on my bike.

This is the short list of parts needed before I can drop it in:

Billet oil pump gears
ARP cam journal cap bolts
MMR tensioner flip bracket
Canton oil pan
Headers
Holley main harness

The rest of the parts can be installed later.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You do know that the motor is supposed to be off during a smoke test don’t you?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You do know that the motor is supposed to be off during a smoke test don’t you?!?!

Engine*

I’ve never had to leak test one so enlighten me. I’m assuming I need to blow smoke into the engine and see where it leaks out :rolleyes:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Engine*

I’ve never had to leak test one so enlighten me.

It’s as simple as it sounds. Make sure to close off any possibly points of escape, air intake box and such. Then pull a vacuum line from the motor, normally would recommend brake booster hose but you don’t have one anymore if you switched to hydro. Next light cigar. Then start blowing as much smoke as you can into the for mentioned vacuum hose. Keep this going for a while and have someone with a really bright light searching for smoke escaping.

Obviously you need to blow somewhat hard but nothing too crazy.

MaximumRisk

Reaction score
try searching local ads (Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist) and see if you can find a Fog machine. People buy this things for parties, use them once and then sell them super cheap. I bought one last year for $10 and it came with an almost full gallon of "fog juice" or whatever the name of the liquid is that the machine turns into smoke.
It makes for a perfect, ultra cheap leak detector.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Before anyone else asks, let me clear this up. The plan has been to Coyote swap this car since I decided to sell the Whipple 2.3 last fall. My initial idea was to sort the 4V and drive it as is whilst collecting the part needed to swap. That would also give me some time to work the bugs out of the new suspension and brake setups. Everything was going according to the plan, which is rare for me, until I rode in @lwarrior1016 's car recently. The hook has been REALLY set now. Then, to make matters worse, I ran into some issues with tuning. I'm sure i could figure it out but I've spent over a decade on the sidelines with this car and i'm not wasting anymore time. The ever present devil on my shoulder kept telling me to "stop being a pussy and go for what you REALLY want". The decision to pull the 4V was one that was easy to make and I have already found it a great home in South Carolina in a fellow enthusiast's Mach 1. A date has been set to pull the engine and I have been furiously buying the remaining Coyote swap specific parts I need. I'm sure there will be a few hiccups along the way but I am extremely happy with the way things are going.

043c9d23-debc-4e81-9bf8-d6cb8fa85a88-jpeg.2141

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online