White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

badass98svt

Reaction score
Speaking of starvation and to anyone else that does corner corner racing......get the extra capacity oil pan! Dont starve the engine of oil on them hard turns!
I run the MMR pan on my car. That ****** holds 10 quarts

weendoggy

Reaction score
Speaking of starvation and to anyone else that does corner corner racing......get the extra capacity oil pan! Dont starve the engine of oil on them hard turns!
Best to get a pan with one-way baffles to keep oil near the pickup. My Holley holds eight, but on track I run nine. The other factor I'd think about is a windage tray. the Coyote pan gasket has that.

weendoggy

Reaction score
When my starvation event occurred, it was immediately after several quick direction changes, a hard brake zone that lead into a tight, left hand sweeping turn and then hard acceleration.

…with about a 1/4 tank of fuel lol
Yeah, I could see that on a auto-x course. Even for me, running below 1/4 is a risk, but by shear luck, I made it when I forgot to check. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If we don’t learn anything, we aren’t paying attention.

I’m sure I’ll sort this out but it will take some thought and planning.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
After much consideration, and lots of comparison shopping, I’ve decided to go with an On3 fuel tank/hat setup. Quite similar to was @lwarrior1016 just installed but a few exceptions.

This is an On3 03/04 Cobra style, baffled tank. This has the fuel basket in the center of the tank and it better suited for my use.

IMG_5491.jpeg

This is an On3 triple pump fuel hat and fuel level sending unit. I will configure this to run one pump and have an 8AN feed and 6AN return line. My current Holley setup will run this and it should jive with my fuel gauge. I’ll also have to switch to a 99-04 style filler neck.

IMG_5492.jpeg

This is the most cost effective (under $800) way to improve my fueling situation, leave room for growth if the need arises and with the least amount of down time.

weendoggy

Reaction score
So that tank has the baffeled area just like your old tank? If so, that might help, and if at all possible, I'd put the return line feeding right into that sump. If not, I see the hydramat issue rising again.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
So that tank has the baffeled area just like your old tank? If so, that might help, and if at all possible, I'd put the return line feeding right into that sump. If not, I see the hydramat issue rising again.

I’m looking for additional pictures of the tanks internals.

Found an old thread on corral:

IMG_5515.jpeg

I’m not entirely sure how the return registers fuel back into the tank but I do agree with the point you’re making. The pump hangers I’ve been currently using puts the return fuel flow at the bottom of the tank instead of at the upper portion which causes unnecessary aeration.

Edit: the return does enter the basket in the center of the tank. It appears this nipple can be lengthened, if necessary, to prevent undue aeration in the sump.

IMG_5519.jpeg

weendoggy

Reaction score
You may just want to give it a try before extending the return. I have mine about the same depth returning and don't have issues. That thought did cross my mind when doing the mod, but unless the tank is damn near empty, I don't think you'd have a problem. Or, you could just make sure it goes to the bottom.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I like the idea of giving it a chance before modifying anything that’s designed to work together.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Prepped the current tank for installation. Marked the new feed line and will cut, assemble then pressure test it at work tomorrow.

IMG_5631.jpeg

I’m going to run my vent line beneath the feed/return hard line because I know it’ll have plenty of room and be safer there. This is all temporary anyway.

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

I could hear my friend Chris Carver yelling at me for having crusty wheel studs so I lathered them with anti-seize.

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5630.jpeg

When I was finished..

IMG_5639.jpeg

badass98svt

Reaction score
Are those 3.5" studs?
What brand

I'm going to order some 2.5" ARP/Steeda studs. I was hoping I wouldn't need them, but I guess adding an 8mm spacer is pushing it for the stock studs.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Began terminating my I/O module this morning.

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5657.jpeg

Needed to stop but the locking tabs wouldn’t operate. Pulled one wire out at a time until it locked but there weren’t any left. So, I’ll put them back one at a time and operate the tabs until I find the offender.

IMG_5658.jpeg

Annoying…

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Figured it out.

One or more of the molex pins must’ve been turned the wrong direction. Tested this by orienting one wire in different directions until the tab clicked. Put the rest of them the same direction and we’re in business.

IMG_5661.jpeg

IMG_5662.jpeg

The remaining harness is for sensor power and ground but I’ll finish this in a bit. Going to scrounge for a few pieces of heat shrink for the first several inches to keep things nice and compact and then I’ll wrap it with cloth tape.

IMG_5663.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online