1995 Mustang overhaul, Shooting for ROTM, UPDATES 3/2014 pics. It's RUNNING

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i got super lucky with my export tails.... found a guy on ebay selling only the drivers side for $60.00 :-D needed a drivers side :-D

ProKiller

Reaction score
awesome. good luck finding just one side. it's hard enough to find a pair, let alone just one.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
I will update this in a couple weeks with pics, right now the fuel system is being a pain in the A$$. I hate when you buy nice parts, with hard earned money, and they are messed up... just venting!

I do the the hydroboost system in, and getting ready to plumb it, and the fuel system is about 80% completed, but have a few leaky piece of crap parts.

2 questions! May turn into a poll!!!

1) On another note, I have the saleen 18x9's in the front, thinking of going with 265/35/18's, what are your thoughts for that size????
2) How pissed will everyone be if I switch the taillights to verticals?? lol. I want sequentials, what is the best kit, and how to make it slower? I cannot find the other Saleen taillight cover for the horizontals, and want the sequesntial look!!
3) Anyone have a sure fire, safe, and clean way to mount the battery on our cars, done correctly, with details??

Thanks SN95 team!

Caboose302

Reaction score
I don't blame you, I want sequentials too. I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to go back to horizontals so I can have her sequentials. I've seen people do it to 94-95 tails though. Not sure where I saw it. Something to do with drilling an extra hole for the third light. American muscle has a relay that makes them slower.

188slo50

Reaction score
Jason, at Painted with Powder did the intakes and tube, they look great, and here's a shot in the car, and one with an under car shot with the TKO 600 waiting in front of the car!

PURE SEX!!!! Looks amazing, Id love to have a garage to work in.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
1) On another note, I have the saleen 18x9's in the front, thinking of going with 265/35/18's, what are your thoughts for that size????
2) How pissed will everyone be if I switch the taillights to verticals?

1. that's the size I run and they fit/look very good.

2. who cares, they look mint.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
PURE SEX!!!! Looks amazing, Id love to have a garage to work in.

Thanks, The garage is very small, but it is just enough. It is detached, and we had to run electricity to it for the tools, lights and alarm back in the day, only thing that sucks is the heat in there when it is summer time!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Have you swapped out pedal box as well?

Yes I did swap out the pedal box, I used a full set up from a 2004 Mach 1. From the Mach 1 I used:

1) Pedal Box (Bolted right in)
2) Steering rack, (with offset Maximum Motorsports Bushing kit and 95 tie rod ends)
3) Hydroboost unit, (had to add a forth bolt hole, and widen the large center hole)
4) I kept the factory 95GT proportioning valve, but had to make custom lines since they screw into the bottom of the master cylinder instead of the side like that on the 95. Also the fittings that go on the brake lines are the same size from the 95 to the 2004!

The powersteering pump is the 93 gt/Cobra pump, mounted on the passengers side using the Procharger powersteering relocation bracket kit
I converted the 1 fitting on the pump, 2 on the rack and 3 on the Hydroboost to 6an, and will be using -6an teflon lined PFTE hose.
The hydroboost has 2 high pressure hoses off of it, one to the rack and one to the pump, then the rack/pump/and boost unit all have a low pressure return, so I had to run a "T" fitting for it.

*****Important note, when you "T" the lowpressure from the Hydroboost unit/rack, and pump, the top of the "T" that is straight across needs to run from the pump to the rack, no 90 degreee bend. The down part of the "T" then goes up to the hydroboost unit. If you do not do it this way there will be a 90 degree bend on the pressure return and can actually apply the brakes!

*****Important note, there are differences in the Hydroboost units that you buy, so try to get them from the same car. On the 96-98 the 3 lines for the fluid all go into the unit, but on the 99-04 they have a separate aluminum block that bolts to the side of the hydroboost unit for one of the high pressure lines, and the low pressure return. ALSO I WOULD RECOMMEND NOT BUYING A UNIT FROM 2004, in 99-03 they aluminum block I just mentioned is perfect and can be changed to AN Hose easily, but on all Hydroboost units from the 2004 year they have a LEFT Handed fitting and you have to be careful not to strip it out. My unit was from a 2004, so I have mine machined to use right handed thread fitting adapters.

Hope this helps, let me know if anyone needs help! I will also try to get pics up soon.

Been working on the fuel system and had to completely remove everything on the car fuel related, and have to start over! Sucks!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I already have my car converted to Hydraboost, but I did it without changing the brake pedal, so my brake pedal travel is virtually nothing. It's next thing on my list, and will probably be taken cared of next week.

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Ok this is gonna be long, but not a complete rant, but hopefully one day this info will help someone and they will have better luck than I have! I am talking about the fuel system. This is the first car that I have ever built like this, and with the engine and supercharger set up, I needed the fuel system and supporting mods to match. With that said I designed the best fuel system I could and since I am a picky a-hole I wanted it to look great too! With the Saleen rear bumper and nice paint job, I did not want to hack up the rear bumper and throw in a sumped tank, so I decided to put my own system together! Here is what I have, and also some lessons learned along the way!

1) 2004 Mach 1 gas tank (Directly bolts in, I replaced all the gaskets on it, filler neck and fuel hat
2) 99-04 Division X duel pump fuel hat with custom made wiring harness (From Lethal Performance) also this makes the 99-04 tanks return style!
3) 2-340 LPH Aeromotive stealth pumps
4) ALL PFTE (teflon) lined hose, -10an feed, and -8an return.
5) Trick Flow black 10 micron in line filter (both pumps have the prefilters on them 100 micron
6) Aeromotive "Y" block, 1 -10an in and 2 -8an out to the rails
7) Aeromotive/Trick Flow fuel rails
8) Aeromotive Marine black 1:1 boost reference regulator
9) All hose ends are Fragola PFTE, and Fragola adaptors
10) insulated clamps riveted to the car, and made to fit on the intake to hold the rails.

I did the cleanest job I could, and after firing up the the pumps there were 12 leaks, everyone of the fittings that were angled leaked! What a nightmare! THe straight fittings did not leak a drop, and all of them are tight as hell! SO I called Summit, where I got the fittings and talked to tech, and they had me call Fragola. The tech guy told me to tighten the shit out of them after adding grease to the ends and re do them, they all still leaked. All four fittings on the rails, all 3 on the regulator and all 3 on the "Y" block. I am pissed, so I called the Summit back and Brent from Fragola, and said that they are as tight as they can get them, or I will strip them. They asked about my set up and the brands of everything, and determined that the an adapters that the hoses attach to, were not fragola and not all AN spec 37 degree angles are the same, so Summit exchanged the Earls fittings out and shipped me the same parts in Fragola brand. I installed them and fired up the pumps, and still had 3 leaks! At least 9 of the fittings stopped leaking, but this was also only at 20 PSI! I will need upwards of 60! SO I called Summit back, and they 3 way called Fragola. (FYI the fittings were leaking where the fittings little silver pin is and out of the back of the "b" nut, or female socket, not where I attached the hose, those are perfect, no leaks.

SO Brent from Fragola sent a Sales Manager/Rep to my house, he came by today and looked at everything, was a great guy, and took apart one fitting and added grease, and retightened it, and we fired up the pumps, it leaked! He said that this must be a bad batch, and asked me to completely remove everything, tank to rails, and send it all to Fragola.

Here is where great customer service changed my mind from returning it all and going with another brand..... I am sending everything to them, the hoses, fittings and hose ends! They are giving me all new product, and putting it together at their shop, and pressure testing it all up to 3000 PSI to ensure it doesn't leak and then sending it back to me. I will ship it out tomorrow 8/30, and keep you posted!

Here is the picture of the clamps I made and attached to the rail mounting tabs on the lower trickflow intake, and I made it as clean as I could... TOO Bad I had to undo all of this! :(

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Looks amazing! I really like how you ran the fuel lines straight back from the rails and attached them to the firewall. Keep up the great work! Car is going to look killer when it is all said and done!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Ok, Fuel parts came back from Fragola, they sent me all new parts, put together and pressure tested from them. They gave me all new adapters as well. I re-installed everything just like the first time, and NO LEAKS!!!! These worked perfectly. They said that I had a bad batch of fittings. Wonder how many others are out there. They have great customer service and I would definitely recommend them. SO fuel system is done, and Brakes system is complete. Bled the brakes, no more air in the lines.

Next step is to hook up the exhaust, and run power to the battery in the trunk. I will take pics. Hoping to get this and the rest of the wiring completed in November. Get this started soon!

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
*** on a side note, I am having a hard time finding a Procharger D1 renegade bracket setup, I have the a/c bracket to trade or cash to buy one. I know Procharger sells them, but they are expensive, and I am trying to save and buy one elsewhere, not worried on condition, it will be powdercoated. If you can help me find one, I will give you a finders fee! ***

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
your fuel system looks clean as hell man!!

And I'll keep my eyes peed for the bracket :)

OP
OP
B

bhorne89

Reaction score
Thanks MustangChris, alway need an extra set of eyes.

I cannot believe how much the "little things" add up! ALl the new sensors, brake pads, hoses, fittings, etc... I'm in saving up mode for a little while. Should give me the time to get the stereo finished. I fiberglassed teh 94/95 bezel to hold a double din, it came out nice, also added the bezel around the shifter, and a new knob/leather boot. Painted the trim Sonic Blue! Interior is looking great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online