1996 Mustang Gt aka Zeus

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
3f727b2391fb1763d8a1b9653cc73210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
Ill send them out tomorrow man. I have them packed in my boxes I got from comp so they fit good 'n tight. I have plenty of padding in them also, along with the chain guides. I had to use that crown Vic plenum for my dads car so I won't be shipping that to you, sorry man. You would have to weld it up, and port the crap out of it like I did to the one on my car to get the power out of it like an aftermarket one would give you. Your looking at only 5 to 7 HP, which is better than nothing, but I would spend the $ other ways. You can get a really good piece like the C&L plenum for like $100-130, and remember what I said about the factory 5.4L truck throttle body's, has to be a cable type. I will go by my local parts yard and see if they have any throttle body's, and if they do I will send it. I would love to see you do a high compression, ported NPI build. That would be sweet. I'm taking my NPI's off for my PI's/Cam swap, but I will be doing some porting on the NPI's, total new rebuild w/ valves, guides, springs, seals, offset retainers & locks, machine the spring seats if needed, cams, and weld up the mismatched water ports for the PI intake. I would love to do a 5.0 bore, not stroke it, just buy the modular boss block, and run 12.5 to 1 CR, and spin it to 7k :D.Just to be different, that's all, but I do have this other engine out here w/85k just chilling, so I may just use the block and crank out of it.

Last edited:

AStangThang

Reaction score
Here they are, I have them wrapped with multiple rags, and then multiple plastic bags, also the bolts are threaded into the cams for you. I'm putting them inside my Comp boxes, and of course they will go into a bigger box at UPS. I also have a separate box for the guides too. The cams have been marked for (R) & (L), the other pictures I have sent you may show it, but I can't remember for sure. I'm excited for you bro, I think you will be happy with the upper rpm power for the $. Vroooooom!0218190755.jpg

Last edited:

AStangThang

Reaction score
And who watched Daytona last night? Holy crap was that one of the best races you've seen in a long time, and how about those FORD'S huh? If it wasn't for all the wrecks, I think a Ford would have won it.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Uhm....i did a high compression npi build 5.4l! 13.5 •1.
I remember you saying about the NPI 5.4L, but I didn't know it was a high CR. I bet that car will move,what type of tourq was you pushing? 400? Of course I don't don't know your whole setup, but I would love to ride in it just to feel it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Compared to a 4.6l, its got angry torque! Not real sure how much power this set up is laying down, but its a substantial increase over the low compresion build i did about 10yr ago. I do need to get a dyno tune session with Lee. ..lol....watch him shake his head at my build concoctions.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Compared to a 4.6l, its got angry torque! Not real sure how much power this set up is laying down, but its a substantial increase over the low compresion build i did about 10yr ago. I do need to get a dyno tune session with Lee. ..lol....watch him shake his head at my build concoctions.
Lol.. I bet it will lay down a mean torque curve. I'm calling tomorrow to get an appointment setup in late April. Hopefully I can get one then, and if I do, I will let you know what day. Maybe if everything works out we can go the same day, and our wives, and kids can meet each other. It's cool knowing who is on the other end of the computer screen.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
You guys are awesome! I was afraid to do this cam swap, but thanks that y’all I’m confident enough to doit now! Also a high compression npi build how could I achieve that? I’m all for it

AStangThang

Reaction score
You guys are awesome! I was afraid to do this cam swap, but thanks that y’all I’m confident enough to doit now! Also a high compression npi build how could I achieve that? I’m all for it
Very good question. As black stated, he has already done one, his is a 5.4L NPI, and that's cool as shitzzz. To do one properly we would have to go in depth, but just on the surface you would need a piston and rod kit, and preferably a flat top or something like a -2cc dish pistons to get the bump in compression if all else was stock, but there are a lot of other variables that will increase the compression also, down to the face on your valves, so you have to be really be careful when picking out your components. For you first true build, you might want to have a reputable shop that deals with 4.6L's to help you lay it out. The NPI really is a good head, it just needs a little help in some areas. I've always liked to be a little different from the rest, and doing a NPI build is doing just that, but as of now I'm doing the PI swap. To get the NPI heads where I will want them, they need work. Since you have that other engine, I would semi build it, and then over a period of time build whatever you want, and if you want a NPI headed car, build that baby, and massage that thing just how you want it. Whenever you do a full PI swap make sure you keep your NPI heads, and never sell them.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever y’all do, don’t ask blak about going 18:1 compression............ [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well....1st off dont use pistons design for propane when using E85. Make sure when machining the 2nd ring groove to get the proper dimensions cause the 2nd ring depth is crucially important.

Long story short, E85 and 18.1 static runs great! I keep saying ill adventure back to this build one day. yime will tell!

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Well....1st off dont use pistons design for propane when using E85. Make sure when machining the 2nd ring groove to get the proper dimensions cause the 2nd ring depth is crucially important.

Long story short, E85 and 18.1 static runs great! I keep saying ill adventure back to this build one day. yime will tell!
Aha seems interesting. I’d love to do a high compression npi build. So many possibilities. A stout motor that’s dependable, N/A for now, and has some balls is what I’m aiming for. But for now bolt ons is the go to

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Well unfortunately my buddy who was going to give me a hand with the cam swap isn’t going to be able to. So I will be doing it all myself at my mentors little shop. I’m going to stab the car over the pit and doit from there. It’ll save me from having to jack the front end up. Then I have a transmission pan gasket I need to address as well and tweak my x pipe because it’s starting to make contact with the shifter on the transmission. I’ll be taking the car here tonight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online