2013 Mustang Club of America Edition! Update 01/25/2017

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where's the video with idle and revs?!???

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Loving this thread! Im doing a bunch of hydro stuff also..i noticed you have the radio bezel area done also. From what ive seen so far isnt that an electrical panel attached to the back? im guessing the from part can detach from it. I have yet to pull mine off to look. but i will soon enough once i figure out what route i want to go with my radio since its basic (no sync) right now.

Yea, if I remember correctly its just a bunch of little screws holding it on once you get it pulled out. Really simple.

I feel like if I wanted Nav or anything I would look into that raxiom kit with it. Seems like a pretty good deal, I just personally don't care for navigation.

You sound like one lucky fella! A lady that has the same Mustang obsession?? Sounds like a keeper!

I agree lol

Where's the video with idle and revs?!???

Hmm, I guess we will have to get some. I wonder if anyone got video of it going down the track yesterday!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Nice car. Love the hydrographics, blacked out grill, and the big blue stripe especially!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good for a v6. Bet it sounds even better now with new exhaust.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I love the progress!!! It looks so killer now! I'm sure you turn heads everywhere you go with it!. I love EVERY detail that you have done, very tasteful but really adds to the White contrast or the Black interior. Not over done however either. Little kids will walk up to your car & say Racecar! I am tickled that you have modded a Sixer even...those are awesome times & I would be happy with them in my 94 V8!

Also are all the stripes etc. DIB? I am trying to decide what color to paint mine & it looks like you just hit the right one. Thanks for this POST!

OP
OP
g36 monkeys wifey

g36 monkeys wifey

Reaction score
I love the progress!!! It looks so killer now! I'm sure you turn heads everywhere you go with it!. I love EVERY detail that you have done, very tasteful but really adds to the White contrast or the Black interior. Not over done however either. Little kids will walk up to your car & say Racecar! I am tickled that you have modded a Sixer even...those are awesome times & I would be happy with them in my 94 V8!

Also are all the stripes etc. DIB? I am trying to decide what color to paint mine & it looks like you just hit the right one. Thanks for this POST!

Thanks! :) I've noticed a lot of heads turn to look as I drive by lol Most people are fascinated by the hydrodip and are constantly touching the radiator cover to figure out what it is. It's pretty funny to watch from a distance. I have both young and old folks yell out that it's a racecar when they see it at a show. I get a lot of joy out of people loving my car at shows and stuff.

The stripes aren't DIB. Depending on the light they look darker or lighter. The site I bought them from lists it just as Blue Metallic and when we had it paint matched so we could do the blue hydrodip, we found out it is "Blue My Mind" which is actually a GM color (it's what the new Vettes use) lol

I don't know if g36 monkey mentioned anywhere in this thread, but we are looking to get a new radiator cover and have it painted white and put the stripe on it so that it's complete in a sense.

Above118

Reaction score
Loving the exhaust... how did it sound when it was stock? Mines still stock(for now) but sounds actually decent for stock.
sorry for the crappy vid

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The blue on white looks soooooo good!

And hooray for reddit! Love that site.

OP
OP
g36 monkeys wifey

g36 monkeys wifey

Reaction score
Loving the exhaust... how did it sound when it was stock? Mines still stock(for now) but sounds actually decent for stock.
sorry for the crappy vid

Mine was super quiet when it was stock even when I got on it lol Yours sound good for stock.

The blue on white looks soooooo good!

And hooray for reddit! Love that site.

The blue has made it look so much more aggressive lol

Reddit is the best! Too bad a certain someone who shall not be named yells at me for being on it a lot :(

Wifey is back! :lewx4:

Oh hai! :tongue3:

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So we went out and snapped some pics the other day because we had time to get her car all cleaned up.

I will say we are working on a pretty neat little project right now, and there will be pics to follow. Basically it's something we had to go totally custom on because no write-ups nor aftermarket exists. Stay tuned! :)

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks! :) I've noticed a lot of heads turn to look as I drive by lol Most people are fascinated by the hydrodip and are constantly touching the radiator cover to figure out what it is. It's pretty funny to watch from a distance. I have both young and old folks yell out that it's a racecar when they see it at a show. I get a lot of joy out of people loving my car at shows and stuff.

The stripes aren't DIB. Depending on the light they look darker or lighter. The site I bought them from lists it just as Blue Metallic and when we had it paint matched so we could do the blue hydrodip, we found out it is "Blue My Mind" which is actually a GM color (it's what the new Vettes use) lol

I don't know if g36 monkey mentioned anywhere in this thread, but we are looking to get a new radiator cover and have it painted white and put the stripe on it so that it's complete in a sense.

Thanks again! I am going to go check out a new Vette now! My stripes are Electric Metallic Blue vinyl by Avery...but I want to paint them pretty soon ...I like many GM colors especially the vette ones & I have seen a new Blue vette at a car show recently & loved the Blue. Going to be funny if I have a GM part on my car after all the ribbing I do to my chevy friends.

I think we would make quite a sight cruising our cars together! I invented a term to count all the accolades ...TPM's or Thumbs Per Mile, I'm up to 3.5 TPM's in my little town but we would triple that I bet!! LOL..I really do love how your car looks & sounds! Great Job for sure.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright guys, so the big project was a rear seat delete. Basically, nobody sells on for the convertible, and we've only seen one convertible with it done. So we decided we should make our own.

My main design principles were keeping factory locations for bolting it in, and for the "seat" area to fold up on hinges for storage if necessary.

So with a ton of help from a good friend, we set to work.

The base is a 1/4" piece of MDF, covered in sound deadening material, a cushy material over that, then some trunk liner. The end bolstering pieces are just foam covered in material.

It still has a couple things to finish, like possibly bed lining and sound deadening under the seats, adding a piece for the center seam, some bolstering support pieces on the sides, and steaming the whole thing to help the material relax, but I think it's pretty awesome as it sits, and it can be pulled out very easily if necessary.

Anyhow, here's pics:

After unbolting, the factory seats just sort of lift right out, then they are held to the top by a little channel piece.

Seats out

No more safety

Everything was going great, and then we saw this.

And now we know, this is the trunk release for the S197 Mustang. Many people ask how to open the trunk if the battery dies on the 05+ cars (maybe only convertibles) since there is no rear key slot, well under the seat on the drivers side is a little key slot for the convertibles. Thought this was pretty neat!

Initial design phase

Fitting the tunnel

Missed that little stud on the first try, but here you see the piece bolted in in the same spots as the seat.

On the hinges!

Both sides open

Clamp all the things!

Foam for the bolsters

Let us know what you think!!

Above118

Reaction score
Im liking it. My OCD would kick in and kill me looking at the edges not being fitted. But i know you still have to finish it up. gonna look killer.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's looking good. I'd like to see the edges fitted as well but I know it's not very flat there to make it hat way.

I really like that your hinging it for storage!!