96-98 Turbo kits

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Now if I could just find me an Eastern european woman... MMM... or a Brit or an Aussie... Damn I would be in heaven!

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I tell ya what I hate. that is getting ma ole changed and my tars rotated. That shit's just plum expensive. Specially when Billy Bob takes his damn time.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
:2funny::2funny::2funny:

I have quite a few relatives that live in Memphis/Mississippi. They are so fun to go visit!

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
at the wall-mart of course, lmao. im not gonna jack this thread though...TO THE BACKROOM!! lol

Why not jack it??? Nobody here is gonna buy a turbo kit LMAO

aaron427

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
yeah, if i got the MPH Mongoose kit (3,800 with power pipe) pi cams (75) and some other parts i could make close to what that turbo kit would put out for a lot cheaper....

i'm just saying, it's kinda expensive...
Now that I have done a little research on a few things... The $3800 is a good price, but does not come with an intercooler. Which you will need eventually. So add the cost of the intercooler along with all the piping. Still not $6,000 but to make the power you want after you get bored with it add the cost of pulleys, belt, new tune. Now you might be making the power a turbo kit will provide over the blower. Also people keep bringing up hellion. Their kit is $5995. With that you get a cheap mitsubishi bypass valve, stock modified headers, granatelli suspension (which is not really what I would want on my car), or upr (don't mind upr, but still isn't as nice as the pa,mm, griggs, etc..) Someone mentioned a quality turbo? Well I can't say much for the quality as I don't have one. From my understanding after talking to Jon at Spyder that the borg warner turbos are custom built only for them. They do not stock them they are made to order for them. Which means no assembly line turbo.?? What does this mean? Heck if I know, but I found it interesting. From the other research I have done it seems all the kits are just stock modified headers. These are made a piece at a time. Ever priced the flanges for these cars? Just did a quick search for them, and well not cheap, and you can't really find them anywhere. Plus it appears that some of the kits are running the downpipe below the k-member. Can you say I hope my stang doesn't sit too low! Anyways just my thoughts if your going to compare kits to each other be sure and compare the entire kit not just the prices and a couple of the options. Sorry to highjack the thread back for a rant! :TY: Ha ha as you were soldiers....

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Flanges are 100 bucks.

I never had an intercooler, and ran 500 rwhp, in the Southern California desert, on 91 octane, with 10.3: compression. You don't "need" one.

I also noticed that they are custom made for Spyder, honestly that can mean alot of thing's though.

As for running it under the Kmember, yeah, probably not great... Would seem to negate the need for an afterket K if you are going to do that. As for hitting anything, well i would normally say you shouldn't anyway, but after seeing people on here with dented oil pans and whatnot, I'm starting to wonder what people are really doing to these car's :hammer:

aaron427

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Flanges are 100 bucks.

I never had an intercooler, and ran 500 rwhp, in the Southern California desert, on 91 octane, with 10.3: compression. You don't "need" one.

I also noticed that they are custom made for Spyder, honestly that can mean alot of thing's though.

As for running it under the Kmember, yeah, probably not great... Would seem to negate the need for an afterket K if you are going to do that. As for hitting anything, well i would normally say you shouldn't anyway, but after seeing people on here with dented oil pans and whatnot, I'm starting to wonder what people are really doing to these car's :hammer:
Offroading baby!! That or they hit the speedbumps at 40mph on a slammed car. Learn to drive!! ha ha What kind of car, motor was that? Blower? Come on though that isn't realistic for most people who drive the car on a daily basis. It is a proven fact the air-temp will be cooler, and you can make more power with an intercooler. I wasn't saying it was a life or death situation to have one, but it is safer to have one. Where did you see the header flanges for a $100?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
A member on Turbomustangs.com sells them. If I made my own turbo kit, I would come off the stock manifolds and go right under the K with it. It might get ripped off, or not, only one way to find out.

It was a 97 GT, with a livernois stroker kit, heads, cams, and a Novi 2200. Of course the air charge will be cooler, and you can then crank up the timing, and/or boost, but you don't need one. i certainly nailed my goal without it. And i drove the car, everyday, everywhere I went. It was my main mode of transportation.

aaron427

Reaction score
J.R. said:
A member on Turbomustangs.com sells them. If I made my own turbo kit, I would come off the stock manifolds and go right under the K with it. It might get ripped off, or not, only one way to find out.

It was a 97 GT, with a livernois stroker kit, heads, cams, and a Novi 2200. Of course the air charge will be cooler, and you can then crank up the timing, and/or boost, but you don't need one. i certainly nailed my goal without it. And i drove the car, everyday, everywhere I went. It was my main mode of transportation.
Sounds like a nice driving ride. Im assuming you don't have that car any longer?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nope, an accident got it last fall, waiting on the lawyer's to do their thing now.

Wasn't as clean as yours though :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online