96 GT Ford Racing / SVO project

AStangThang

Reaction score
Live in an area where the heat and humidity is unbearable in the summers. No way I could give up my ac. Especially since mine is black on black leather.

I don’t see how some of y’all do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel ya on the humidity, and being in a black car, but I haven't ran the a.c. in about 3 years. Between that and cross fit I get a good workout.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I feel ya on the humidity, and being in a black car, but I haven't ran the a.c. in about 3 years. Between that and cross fit I get a good workout.

5 major concussions in 4 years. Doc kept saying I was gonna end up doing irreparable damage. The 5th one while I was unconscious in the hospital they noticed I had a fever appear and my temp was climbing higher and higher. They did blood work and realized I wasn’t sick.

Long story short, I damaged my hypothalamus, spelling?!?......... so basically my body lost the capability to regulate temperature. It’s not as bad as it used to be but I still don’t regulate heat properly.

So ac is a must for me!!!! [emoji38]

AStangThang

Reaction score
5 major concussions in 4 years. Doc kept saying I was gonna end up doing irreparable damage. The 5th one while I was unconscious in the hospital they noticed I had a fever appear and my temp was climbing higher and higher. They did blood work and realized I wasn’t sick.

Long story short, I damaged my hypothalamus, spelling?!?......... so basically my body lost the capability to regulate temperature. It’s not as bad as it used to be but I still don’t regulate heat properly.

So ac is a must for me!!!! [emoji38]

Damn bro you sound like me, I actually lost my vision for about 30 minutes one time. I've had 3 sever concussions, and a couple of minor ones. Some I couldn't turn my neck for 2 weeks. I have bad migraines from them. I've had ekg's, and cat scans done, but nothing showed up. I do suffer from depression though, and it all started after the concussions. I'm a organ doner, so when I die I want to have my brain studied to see if I have CTE, which my doctor says I have the signs off, but can't prove it unless they cut my brain open. It sucks man I feel your pain. 14 years of motocross and street bikes got me this, and part of the reason I'm doing the car thing now, I'm in a cage lol

Last edited:

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Dayum!
You guys really need head protection at all times. I guess im lucky to just have my colon removed.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Dayum!
You guys really need head protection at all times. I guess im lucky to just have my colon removed.
Lol no kidding right. Just think, I had a helmet on every concussion I have got. I've cracked a Thor SVR motocross helmet when I lost my eyesight for the time I did, but I've also cracked a SHOEI RF1000 full face street bike helmet. Me being an adrenaline junkie didn't help anything at all, doubles and triples got bigger, and stand-up wheelies got longer at triple digits lol. It got to the point I didn't get that rush that I used to, so I gave it up 4 years ago before I got killed. The reason for my SHOEI getting split is because a soccer mom van ran a red light, and I t-boned it at 45-50mph, and head first I went. Our father in heaven was watching over me that day.
Having your colon taken out isn't no picnic brother, I think I remember you saying something about you having chrones, my mom has that shotty stuff also, and I know they have her on a crap ton of medicine.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I realized that I probably have the wrong fuel pump for a 96 GT

11ce489a0e4d540b3a2be61f9048bbe9.jpg

7267134a391d15c3d15f5caa5f3bd1b9.jpg

If someone could correct me if I'm wrong (before I drop the tank) let me know. Otherwise this is for sale/ trade for the correct pump

01yellercobra

Reaction score
That looks like the 99-04 hat. Doesn't the 96 use the "skinny" set up?

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That looks like the 99-04 hat. Doesn't the 96 use the "skinny" set up?

From what I'm reading my 96 does use the skinny setup.

I am pretty sure it's the wrong pump for my vehicle but it came as a package deal with the supercharger, I would have bought it knowing it was the wrong pump anyway but that adds another part to the list!

joshuaw3

Reaction score

I am pretty sure it's the wrong pump for my vehicle but it came as a package deal with the supercharger, I would have bought it knowing it was the wrong pump anyway but that adds another part to the list![/

I am pretty sure it's the wrong pump for my vehicle but it came as a package deal with the supercharger, I would have bought it knowing it was the wrong pump anyway but that adds another part to the list!

I have a 96 gt and I changed the fuel pump a few months ago it is the skinny style. The 255 Waldro I put in is very small

joshuaw3

Reaction score
I don’t know what happened with my previous reply but here it is again
I have a 96 gt and I changed the fuel pump a few months ago it is the skinny style. The 255 Waldro I put in is very small

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Be sure to clock the return hose away from the fuel box that the pump sits in inside the tank. I other words divert the return fuel away from the pump area. The returning fuel airates the fuel around the pump causing cavitation.

In all honesty, keep that pump and purchase a new style tank. You will hate yourself if you dont.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Be sure to clock the return hose away from the fuel box that the pump sits in inside the tank. I other words divert the return fuel away from the pump area. The returning fuel airates the fuel around the pump causing cavitation.

In all honesty, keep that pump and purchase a new style tank. You will hate yourself if you dont.
You're probably the first person I've heard of saying that. Any reason why? Or are you thinking about the 03/04 Cobra set ups?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I think he is talking about this.
I meant as far as him recommending he get the later model tank. Most guys with the 99-04 GT's want to upgrade to the 03/04 Cobra style tanks. Twin pumps and better baffling. Depending on the pump it can suck the GT basket dry so guys have to drill extra holes.

Not to mention I don't think the later tank is a bolt in deal with the wiring and such.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I think he is talking about this.

I will check out that company, if they have an affordable unit I'll go that direction. Thanks for the video!

Maybe you can pull the pump out of the hat and use it.

The pump looks like it's integrated into the unit, didn't see a battery looking style pump in there. I'll see if it's possible though.

I don’t know what happened with my previous reply but here it is again

Thanks for the confirmation, I was assuming it was the skinny type. The guy I bought it from was going to put it into a 99 v6-v8 swapped car so I didn't know what I'd get for the fuel pump since I never read about the v6 car fuel setups.

That's great advice, I appreciate the diversion tip! As far as getting a new tank, I think I'd have to run new fuel lines and a new ECU as well to swap to returnless so I will probably just buy a new pump.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You wouldn't have to swap to returnless and all that. Just run the pump at 100%. But in think you're better off getting something that is made for your car.

Id feel more confident going that route for sure. Luckily fuel pumps aren't too expensive, the one I have looks like it's almost double the price of the one I need. I might be able to break even if I sell it on Ebay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online