98 Bab Saleen build thread

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Got it finished up! Should be on the rollers by the end of the month to get it tuned! Had to back it out so I can clean up the garage and then get the car cleaned up! Next up is to get the decals replaced on the doors and then she will be done for a while!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Yup, hoping no problems on the dyno getting tuned and I'll be good!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Back on the stands. Tuner didn't think the focus pump would be enough with the return fuel system so I dropped the tank and pulled my new pump out. Waiting on a new pump now. I drove to CJ Pony Parts yesterday and got a pump, got home and noticed there was only 4 wires on it vs 7 on my car. Learned that cars sold in CA in 98 had CA emissions vs federal emissions. So the CA cars have a sensor on the fuel tank, hence the other 3 wires. Of course it's a special order item and will be a week or 2 out. You can see in the pic there is a second pigtail on mine for the sensor in the tank.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm itching to get to drive it again! Hopefully soon!

neverenuff

Reaction score
Back on the stands. Tuner didn't think the focus pump would be enough with the return fuel system so I dropped the tank and pulled my new pump out. Waiting on a new pump now. I drove to CJ Pony Parts yesterday and got a pump, got home and noticed there was only 4 wires on it vs 7 on my car. Learned that cars sold in CA in 98 had CA emissions vs federal emissions. So the CA cars have a sensor on the fuel tank, hence the other 3 wires. Of course it's a special order item and will be a week or 2 out. You can see in the pic there is a second pigtail on mine for the sensor in the tank.

Nice car! I don't know what Ford was thinking in 1998 when it comes to the fuel system in Mustangs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah it is the most confusing thing to try and research. Everyone online is saying 15 different things about it

McCloud

Reaction score
Car looks great as always! Piping looks to tuck a little closer now too. Where did you get your catch can from? I'm needing to order one for my build.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Car looks great as always! Piping looks to tuck a little closer now too. Where did you get your catch can from? I'm needing to order one for my build.
Thanks man, I bought the can itself from upr. Definitely a nice piece. Mike(97stanger) has the same. After I saw his I knew it was what I wanted

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
How much boost are you throwing at this car?
Not 100% sure what's its gonna be yet. Pretty sure somewhere around 8-10 lbs. I know I'm gonna loose some being intercooled but having the powerpipe should help that. Hopefully will know in a few weeks if I can get the pump and get it on the rollers!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Not 100% sure what's its gonna be yet. Pretty sure somewhere around 8-10 lbs. I know I'm gonna loose some being intercooled but having the powerpipe should help that. Hopefully will know in a few weeks if I can get the pump and get it on the rollers!

Hmm I'm not sure why your focus pump won't be enough don't they flow like 250lph or something like that?

Sent using my Typewriter

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
From what I've seen and the tuner said 217. He said he though we might max at 375hp or so with it. He was worried about higher rpm it falling off and the return fuel system. I still may only put down 375-385 but I don't wanna let a fuel pump be the reason to not hit 400 lol. Told him I want all i can out of this setup lol

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Ugh after waiting 2 weeks still no pump. Check summits site and it says backorder won't ship till may 17th. So I get in touch with the place where I bought and he finally checked again and same ship date there now, after the supplier told them it would have been to me within 2 weeks originally. If I try to cancel I have to eat a little over $50 for shipping and restock fees, so I'm just letting it show whenever it does and gonna try and resell it and get my money back. Got on Amazon yesterday and ordered one as they had 2 left on there, pump will be here tomorrow and will once again be complete! Hoping to be able to get it to the tuner ASAP!!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Pump arrived today and had it installed within the hour! Car fired up and I called and left a message for the tuner. Hoping I can drop it off this week!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Heck yeah Frank!

Tuners all seem to be booked till June so looks like a few more weeks until it can be driven unfortunately

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online