Anthonys build thread

Suspect

Reaction score
Some of you guys might remember me talking about getting a new shortblock last year. Well it was taking a little too long so i backed out. So now im getting it done locally. Im finally starting to get all my parts in and very close to putting it all together.

How it started.... I bought some heads and thought to myself why put em on an old tired motor. Well that thinking made me do a few other things too. lol. Like why get a stock block? If the motors out why not smooth the bay and so on.. so now i think i have all my plans and i hope to start getting them done soon.

right now i only have is a pile of parts so i guess ill start there. PICS! :thumb:

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

rotating assembly (331 all forged)
IMG_2168.jpg

cyl heads & valve covers i hope to use
Picture164.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture205.jpg

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
Parts from Jay Allen
IMG_2178.jpg

new ultra gold alum rockers
IMG_2179.jpg

oil pan, dipstick, pickup and wazee pulleys
IMG_2180.jpg

cam should be here tomorrow. i have a 75 mm tb and some other misc stuff (no pics) Ill be using a Trickflow R (not box) intake. and i need a few small things like gaskets, head studs, misc nuts and bolts. one thing i havent picked out is an oil pump. i was going with a melling hv, but got spooked when i read some threads on corral. any suggestions?

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
thxs Aaron! i cant wait either.

while all this is getting done i hope to save for a new tranny. i like my t5 so im sticking with one, but im gonna need one that can handle at least 600hp. (for now;) so i guess im gonna have to contact gforce or astro and see what they can do. after that i think im going to get my rear built.

things are gonna break. i know this, so im gonna try to get to them before it happens.

let me know what you guys think? any suggestions or ideas on things i should get done while im in it.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
o and as far as looks im pretty happy with the way it is. only thing that will change is a cobra bumper up front and a paint job. i had planned to swap wheels this year, but i think most $ will get spent on go fast parts instead. i will prolly get a set of telstars tho. but i think i got an idea for my fr500s. :) ill let ya know later and see whatcha think.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I love reading build threads...Good luck should be pretty killer when you're done.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
sorry no updates guys. im talking with a builder that was recommended to me by Jay. only thing is after hes done with it he wants to dyno it. which isnt a bad idea, but it still comes outta my pocket and i think its like 400 or so.

anyways heres some more goodies..

bumpstick
IMG_2182.jpg

flywheel and balancer
IMG_2183.jpg

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
also anyone out there with a tko-600? i really need to decide on what im gonna do with the tranny. i was sure with the t5, but someone suggested to look at a tko.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
thxs Javi, Aaron! :) now if all these parts could get put together!

fr500s are cool! :coolsmiley: haha!

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
:dancing6: parts are going to the machine shop tomorrow afternoon!! :dancing6:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
dropped em off! :thumb: bad news is they are a lil behind so it could be 3 or 4 weeks. all good tho. afterwards its going straight to the builder and then to the dyno!! i will post pics and maybe a vid of it. :coolsmiley:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Suspect said:
dropped em off! :thumb: bad news is they are a lil behind so it could be 3 or 4 weeks. all good tho. afterwards its going straight to the builder and then to the dyno!! i will post pics and maybe a vid of it. :coolsmiley:

a vid for sure. :thumb:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bad ass man! that's sweet, I'll bet your psyched!! :) :)
as sweet as your car is, it will look better after doing a 100' burnout! :boink:

Suspect said:
yea a lot of $$ too! :crazy2: :TY:
I hear that! :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online