Anthonys build thread

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
ha. i still need a few bolts here and there. trying not to take too much off the old motor. my damn bolts that hold the pulley to the balancer dont fit. (poineer) so now i gotta find some.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
went to summit today and picked up some parts. bolts, bolts, and more bolts. msd coil. csr water neck (thxs paul). tstat. wires. battery relocation kit and other misc stuff. it never ends!! :crazy2:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You need a powdercoated timing cover and upper/lower intake to go with that nice clean motor. :)

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
i have the intake. but yea the timing cover has been bothering me. the builder had it and threw it on for me. i have the one off my old motor and was thinking of getting it done real quick and swapping em. arghh i dunno. :dunno:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You should do it. The timing cover is tough to keep clean, so a little powdercoat will really make it look nice. :)

Timing%20Cover.jpg

Timing%20Cover%20Installed.jpg

Timing%20Cover%20Installed%20Top.jpg

Water%20Pump%20Installed%20Front.jpg

:)

Paul.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
ah man. that makes me want to get it done. i talked to my guy and he'll do it for low, but hes out til sunday. i was hoping to send it tomorrow and get it back sometime next week. only thing i can do is wait and send it out monday, but i dont wanna wait. :nonono:

wassup paul you got the time to pc mine?! where are you located? if you think you can hit me with a pm.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
timing cover is getting coated. :)

stopped by the shop to see wassup. i screwed up! hopefully they can fix it. holes that hold the strut brace were not filled and i dont think one will fit now. so im gonna call him up and see if they can fill em real quick. pretty much i should have the car back next week. :coolsmiley:

only one side is done, but he said theyre gonna do a lil more sanding. they are working on the drivers side still.

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Paul said:
You should do it. The timing cover is tough to keep clean, so a little powdercoat will really make it look nice. :)

Timing%20Cover.jpg

Timing%20Cover%20Installed.jpg

Timing%20Cover%20Installed%20Top.jpg

Water%20Pump%20Installed%20Front.jpg

:)

Paul.

Okay Paul, did you use the ARP timing chain cover bolt kit or measure and ordered them individually? Spill the beans. :thumb:

If you measured them and if you are meticulous as you seem I know you wrote them down along with the ARP part number (i am the same way) Please do share. You can send them to me if you want robert_barton(at)yahoo(dot)com if you could send all the bolt dimensions that you have that would be great.

No I am not that lazy to do it myself but I am in Afghanistan at the moment and won't be home till August and I would like to order all my stuff and have it waiting on me when I get there to do my install. I will only have 2 weeks home. I should do a build thread also then, huh?

I doubt it will turn out as nice as this guys stuff.......got some money tied up there.......take you time, do it right and don't cut any corners even if it means going past your time line.

and great thread, more pics and updates.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
ive been busy moving. were getting our house done so im staying in a small apartment w/ no internet. so im posting from the restaurant (work) i have all the bolts written down. i went ahead and got all new ones and even get the acc bolts. so ill try to remember to post them up when i get on next. car is back, but i havent done anything as im half way home. shouldnt be long until the motor and tranny is in. i think its the wiring that will take more time then anything. anyways i figure id drop by and update with some pics.

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

its done in a semi gloss black. i think everything will pop out on the motor this way. either way im very happy on how it turned out. :)

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
:TY:

ugh you can really see how bad the car needs paint if you look at the fenders. :nonono: it will get done just not important right now.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
here ya go..

wp/timing 5/16-18

2 - 1 1/4"
2 - 2.00"
2 - 2 1/4"
1 - 2 1/2"
4 - 3 1/4"
2 - 4 1/4"

acc (not 100% on these. i got em from someone else.)

alt side

1 - 3/8 3 1/2"
1 - 3/8 2 1/2"
1 - 7/16 2 1/2"

power st side

2 - 7/16 3"
1 - 7/16 5"

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
fyi just found out that the acc bolts all fit, BUT most of them need to be a lil longer. :nonono:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
sorry no updates cuz im still homeless. its almost done and hopefully the inspector will clear a few thing so we can turn on the electric and move in. house has taken most of my time.

anyways thurs. i ran into a problem getting the pilot bearing in. :tickedoff: hope to fix that tues. and if it goes well tranny and motor will be in the car that day. every thing looks great on the motor. i hope to get pics up soon, when i get in the house.

so if anyone knows how to get this bearing to sit flush that would help a bunch. :wall:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
:TY:

well motor and tranny are in!!! looks great!! bumped into another problem with the oil dipstick. i had to bend it to fit. noone i knew had a pipe bender so i bought one at AZ. while trying to bend it i snapped it in 2. :tickedoff: so im not sure if i should buy a new one or find a flexible one that will work with my pan. help?!

should have pics soon.. :thumb:

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Suspect said:
sorry no updates cuz im still homeless. its almost done and hopefully the inspector will clear a few thing so we can turn on the electric and move in. house has taken most of my time.

anyways thurs. i ran into a problem getting the pilot bearing in. :tickedoff: hope to fix that tues. and if it goes well tranny and motor will be in the car that day. every thing looks great on the motor. i hope to get pics up soon, when i get in the house.

so if anyone knows how to get this bearing to sit flush that would help a bunch. :wall:

My pilot bearing did not sit flush in my Eagle crank. I knocked it and heard a solid stop when it went as far as it was going to go but was still sticking out roughly 1/8"+/-. The one in my stock crank was flush and I was a little worried. Checked the input shaft of the trans and I had plenty of room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78