Anthonys build thread

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That engine bay looks great! That's one thing I've always wanted to do but have never just ponied up the time/money for. I should someday.

Very nice work.

Oh, and glad you're getting the timing cover coated. :)

Paul.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
yup same here. i took the sob out and it was flush with the back but was sticking out a pinch up front. so after i got that one out :rant2: i put in a new one and everythings all good.

well guys im in the house finally, so im back online. except tomorrow UFC 88 WOOOOT!!!

pics as promised. out of the garage and so dirty...
Picture198.jpg

engine before it went in. still am w/out a oil dipstick. i didnt want that to stop me from putting here in. yes its dirty too..
Picture195.jpg

Picture196.jpg

and finally the best part..
Picture200.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You may want to consider getting a slightly smaller alternator pulley. That thing is huge and with an underdrive crank pulley you won't have much output.

Also, get matching breathers!! :)

Paul.

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Guys, I feel like a jerk. I was in such a hurry to get mine running and out of the shop I did not write down shit for bolt sizes. I was able to do the water pump and timing chain cover with the 622-#### ARP numbers but I just went and ordered about 8 or 9 different sizes. I have tons left over and used them thru out the engine were I could. But I didn't write any of it down.

Anthony that engine bay looks great so far. Now fill it up with the rest of the stuff and get it up and running. How did you like the Wazee pullies and tensioners? They are so much better than any of the other brands of aftermarket pullies. It is bad when your Power Steering pulley stands out above the crank, water pump and alternator.

Are you going back with the A/C?

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
thxs guys! :)

actually the breathers are on the wrong side. i need to put the smaller one under the intake. as for the pullies i like em alot. they are really nice peices. $$ but nice. not sure on the ac. i have it all tucked away if i ever want to throw it back. :thumb:

not sure when ill get it done. im taking my time. just moved in the house. went to ufc 88 tonight. actually just got home. and i have some company over and i think were hitting six flags in the noon. but ill be back at it tues. i cant wait to drive it tho!! :coolsmiley:

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
this oil dipstick is going to kill me. i thought id bend it around the headers, but now that its in the car its another story. i have to bend around the headers and clear the steering shaft as well. :wall: i emailed lokar and pretty much they want me to have them make a custom one. has to be another way, so ill hold off on that.

got the driveshaft on. clutch cable on and covered. freaked for a lil cuz i forgot where the c clip was, but i found it. got the injectors in with the rails and connected the fuel lines. now its pretty much wiring. i took off the drivers fender and i think this side wont be a problem hiding the wires. dunno about the other side yet...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online