Dkblue98GT"s white 97 Cobra vert

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Thanks 1998CobraSVT!

I like the idea of one piece headlights but they didn't fit well and the bulb was just sitting in the socket. The bulb retainers didn't even fit the light correctly, hack job...

I noticed my serpentine belt idler pulley made noise when it was cold so I replaced it today as well.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Sweet, how do you like it compared to your gt

Thanks!

I like it a lot better than the GT. Even though it had more miles on it than the GT it's in much better condition. I love driving around with the top down. I will like it better when I get some subframe connectors and the suspension installed.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I got the Energy suspension motor mounts out of the GT today.

One of the things I don't love about these cars are the plastic push pins that almost hold things together. The air deflector for the radiator was barely attached so I replaced the push pins with riv-nuts and bolted it on. While I was down there I noticed one of the bumper push pins was gone so I riv-nutted them too.

Not very exciting but every improvement makes the car better.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
I thought the same after i got mine in, especially on 'vert.

But as i left my buddies shop and drove home i noticed very little, if any difference. That might be a testament as to how sloppy the convertible sn95 chassis really is. Prolly notice more of an improvement on a coupe instead.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Subframe connectors made a huge difference in my coupe. I can only hope they help on the Cobra, either way they are in the plan.

I have a "rollbar" in the car now but it's just for looks. Eventually I'd like to do a MM roll bar, that would help to tie the car together. I may go with the Stifflers connectors instead of MM, they look pretty nice.

Eventually I would like to do a MM k member, coil overs and all but for now it's getting the pile of parts in the above picture that were on the GT. Instead of the Eibach Pro kit springs I got H&R Supersports for a convertable.

I am going to pull the K member and clean it up, install the poly motor mounts and possibly some long tubes while it's apart.

I'm not going to go too crazy with the car, I just want a fun driver.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Lots of 100 degree days in the last few weeks. I noticed the car was getting a bit warm in traffic with the AC on. I pulled the bleed plug and ended up adding about a pint of coolant to the motor. the car is staying cool now.

I decided to test the cooling system by driving up Sandia Crest, elevation 10,679 ft The car ran cool and handled pretty well for stock 20 year old suspension.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I have wanted one of these since I saw them a few months ago. My 19 year old wheel has seen better days.

It feels as good as it looks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online