Dkblue98GT"s white 97 Cobra vert

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Thanks! H&R Supersports with upper and lower poly iso's in the rear and an upper poly iso and very thin rubber on the bottom. It's really quiet and smooth. The H&R's are much more progressive than the Eibach Pro kit I have in the GT. I had no iso's in the GT and the suspension made too much noise.

I am in Albuquerque, NM. I would almost take $50.00 to get this thing out of my driveway. I hope to get a bit more for it, it has a Cobra bumper, MM subframes, a rear seat delete, new carpet, radiator and is in good condition except for the paint...

I bought a set of stock rotors and PBR calipers at the U-pull to put on the GT so it will roll. I will eventually refinish the Cobra calipers I took off the Cobra.

Future plans for the cobra are:
Exedy mach 400 clutch and new rear main seal.
MM or stifflers subframe connectors.
Aluminum radiator.
Long tubes.
More cleaning ad detailing of the undercarriage and engine compartment.
Refinish the rims or change them.
Drive the wee out of it...
Sounds like a plan. I've got some minor issues w8th my newly purchased cobra . Suspension is like a farm truck lol. So that first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Not surprising. The suspension that came out of my car is beat, the bushings are all shot, no rubber left in the motor mounts. Any 20 year old car will need to have the suspension redone, especially cars that get driven like ours do...

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Not surprising. The suspension that came out of my car is beat, the bushings are all shot, no rubber left in the motor mounts. Any 20 year old car will need to have the suspension redone, especially cars that get driven like ours do...
Mine has lower miles than my gt had but bumps freak me out lol. My thread has the question so I don't high Jack your thread bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
No wonder it's not that low, top and bottom isos.

I'd say pull em but you won't. Want me to show you a pic of my xbrace? haha

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
No wonder it's not that low, top and bottom isos.

I'd say pull em but you won't. Want me to show you a pic of my xbrace? haha

Tally! I wondered when you would tell me it's not low enough... Actually I only have The upper iso in front.
Before

After

When you consider how tall it was when I got it the difference is pretty big. There is a point of diminishing return in the way the car handles when you go too low. I love the way these cars look when they are slammed Yours included but I also like to drive fast.

I scared the crap out of myself the other day driving down a wavy street when I scraped the X brace. I have about 3 inches of clearance.

I am also not a fan of the cobra stripe. That, the gas door and the black spoiler are the last of the "custom" touches the previous owner had done. It even had one of those dorky light up shift knobs that American muscle sells, it was the first thing I changed.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Yesterday I ordered an Exedy Mach 400 clutch, Ford throw out bearing, rear main seal and an oil cooler O ring yesterday. The GT has a pretty new power steering pump and I plan to swap it also.

I installed some Auto zone ball joints in the old Cobra A arms to put on the GT. like the rest of the suspension the Cobra ball joints were shot and it was really difficult to remove the spindles.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Coming soon...

Cheap ball joints for the blue car so I can make it a roller. Everything under the Cobra was this dirty. Nice to have it all cleaned up.

neverenuff

Reaction score
That is one clean Vert! Love those Bullitts too

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Thanks! It still needs more cleaning but it gets better all the time. The wheels look horrible up close, they are the "Hyper coat " finish AM used to offer and the coating is peeling. ..

I plan to sand and paint them.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I know it's been forever since I updated this. I need to get the mobile version going so I can just use my phone. I haven't done much other than drive the car for the last year and a half but it makes me smile every time I drive it...

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Been forever since I've updated this thread. New wheels and some other stuff.

I just did the New edge console
I started with a parchment colored one and painted it with SEM Landau black.
7a817ba9d1368e6c9213a6d1734cd868.jpg
469b7a60c48356789e6c1a6e6a516185.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Looks great and new wheels too.

Thanks! I've had the wheels for about a year now.

When I was doing the clutch last year I also got an Exedy lightweight flywheel which will work with a 10 1/2" or 11" clutch.

I sent the Mach 400 back and got a Mach 500 11" clutch instead which meant my old pressure plate bolts were too small. I used ARP bolts on the new one.

It turned out my main seal was not leaking it was the oil pan gasket so I dropped the K member and replaced it. I was able to do it in a day since everything was clean and had just been apart.
I found that I could use a pair of vise grips to clamp the front edge of the K member to my trans jack to remove and install it.

While I was rebuilding the oil cooler I decided to redo my cooling system. I bought a new fan, thermostat and an SVE aluminum radiator. I had heard some bad reviews on the radiator, I installed it using Mishmoto upper mounts which are more flexible than the stock mounts and have not had any issues. The car runs cool even on hot days.

I wanted the rear brakes to match the fronts so I bought Powerslot rotors and some powder coated rear calipers and braided lines.

I recently had to reinstall the stock H pipes for an emissions check to renew the registration. I got the test and the guy didn't even look under the car to make sure I had cats. I spent the better part of 4 hours installing the H pipe and then putting the catless X pipe back on, awesome...

Tillerman77

Reaction score
The time wasted with the exhaust was a PITA I am sure. Makes me feel lucky that I live where we do not have emission checks. But then again, we do have a long ass, cold winter, so maybe not so luck after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online