I'm thinking about buying a Skyline

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Makes sense
Makes sense to me. On that side of the same coin, I don't find redheads very attractive. As has been said: to each his own. I'd rather have a 300hp V8 than a 600+hp sixxer. The EcoBoost will never mimic the feel of a V8 regardless of its power output.

Or dropped a Coyote or Eco-Boost into a Skyline?
Now that's an idea for an Instagram explosion.

EDIT: As someone who now owns a Coyote, it's not even close to the same as the older engines. Throwing a 4v Termi motor in would be my choice if the option, for whatever reason, ever came about.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m driving a 19 triple black convertible in Las Vegas right now. It’s ecoboost and it’s amazing. It’s not as “throw you back in the seat” as my buddy’s brand new 19 5.0, but this thing flat out screams.

Tomorrow after we get back from our helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon were gonna head to the Hoover Dam. I’m gonna find a quiet stretch to put it in the drag mode with traction control turned off and see what it can do.

But just for fawking around light to light, it’s more impressive then I’d of ever imagined. Luckily I’m the first to abuse it. Only had 3 miles on it when we picked it up. Literally just dropped off to Budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
I would like to do what the ford probe was intended to be, and stuff a 2v 4.6L w/ t-45 in it, that is if it will fit. It would Definitely scoot on down the road if everything worked out.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to do what the ford probe was intended to be, and stuff a 2v 4.6L w/ t-45 in it, that is if it will fit. It would Definitely scoot on down the road if everything worked out.

There’s people that have done a pushrod 5.0 swap into them. Not sure if there’s enough room for a mod

castine917

Reaction score
I thought the probe was too early for that combo. 5.0/302 with t5 was planned when it was to be the mustang I assumed. :confused::eek:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the probe was too early for that combo. 5.0/302 with t5 was planned when it was to be the mustang I assumed. :confused::eek:

Probe was never planned to be rwd or to have a v8. It was always gonna be fwd with 4/6 cylinders.

Closest thing the probe had to being rwd was sharing the dash with the rx7 in the first gen probes.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m driving a 19 triple black convertible in Las Vegas right now. It’s ecoboost and it’s amazing. It’s not as “throw you back in the seat” as my buddy’s brand new 19 5.0, but this thing flat out screams.

Tomorrow after we get back from our helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon were gonna head to the Hoover Dam. I’m gonna find a quiet stretch to put it in the drag mode with traction control turned off and see what it can do.

But just for fawking around light to light, it’s more impressive then I’d of ever imagined. Luckily I’m the first to abuse it. Only had 3 miles on it when we picked it up. Literally just dropped off to Budget.

you gonna check out the shelby facility?

castine917

Reaction score
Probe was never planned to be rwd or to have a v8. It was always gonna be fwd with 4/6 cylinders.

Closest thing the probe had to being rwd was sharing the dash with the rx7 in the first gen probes.

The front wheel drive plans were what threw people up in to a fit and made it a probe instead of a mustang is what I thought happened.

castine917

Reaction score

The front wheel drive plans were what threw people up in to a fit and made it a probe instead of a mustang is what I thought happened.

Reading my own post of 5.0 and t5 made no sense.

This link tells the probe/mustang story as I remember from hearing circa 2000.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/that-time-the-ford-mustang-almost-went-front-wheel-drive/

ProjectGunshū

Reaction score
Just catching the tail end of this conversation, my buddy bought an r32 gts-t last year, and loves the thing to death. I will also be in the market for an R31 in 5+ years time. So my answer would be hell yes. The r32s have kind of plateaued in price, r33's are the hot thing right now, and r34s are affordable, except for the GTR's of all 3 generations. If that helps you out at all.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Just catching the tail end of this conversation, my buddy bought an r32 gts-t last year, and loves the thing to death. I will also be in the market for an R31 in 5+ years time. So my answer would be hell yes. The r32s have kind of plateaued in price, r33's are the hot thing right now, and r34s are affordable, except for the GTR's of all 3 generations. If that helps you out at all.

I will have one sooner or later. My 4V Whipple project will be fun in the mean time.

Reaction score
R32’s and R34’s are nice, R33’s are fugly, but all of them are overpriced. Tiny little engines with very little room for improvement. I suppose if you’re trying to impress that girl in your 3rd period English class they make sense

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, I just like to annoy you.

View attachment 1121

31d9b631bc5ebb1f7be4bf84194868f3.jpg

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
R32’s and R34’s are nice, R33’s are fugly, but all of them are overpriced. Tiny little engines with very little room for improvement. I suppose if you’re trying to impress that girl in your 3rd period English class they make sense

Thank you for your opinion, Mr. Pi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online