Keep GT or Go Cobra?

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Im confused on what to do. I have a 1996 Mustang Gt it is plum (purple). Its a 5spd with 120,000 miles.
mods:
King Cobra clutch
4.10's
Mac offroad x-pipe
Mac 2 1/2 inch catback
3 1/2 inch tips
Mac cai
Summit plug wires
new spark plugs
hardened tans mounts
hardened engine mounts
Steeda triax shifter
lowering springs
tinted windows
Pioneer head unit
and 4 god tires on stock rims or possibly my 18inch Saleens.
what do you guys think its worth.
paint has rock chips in the front on the hood otherwise paints in pretty good shape.
interior is in great shape
I will post pics soon
If I were to sell my GT I would be in the market for a 94-01 Mustang Cobra. Would this be a smart move or just keep modding my GT?

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
if i were to get a cobra I'd do 96+...IMO...if I had to pick I'd go w/a cobra over your GT as it is. Put another 4-5k in a supercharger for a GT, or sell the gt and put another 4-5k in a cobra and have a better foundation to build off of? I'd rather have the cobra...
really dunno what I'd offer for your GT though...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get a Cobra, your car is worth about 5k, in mint condition.

gt96stang

Reaction score
If I was able to sell my car and pick up a cobra, as much as I truly LOVE the gt, it'll probably go..

S

scarface

I sold my 97gt for $9400 and one week later bought my 99 cobra for $9500 :)

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
Scarface said:

made out on that one
dont I know it...most of the older guys remember what my 97 looked like... :puke:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Snakebit said:
Scarface said:

made out on that one
dont I know it...most of the older guys remember what my 97 looked like... :puke:

??? There wasnt any thing wrong with it :dunno: Id PIMP the hell out of it :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

oh yea other than the gangster Hood N Bumper NON painted combo :hammer: :hammer:

95-stang

Reaction score
Not many Cobras over here, if i could have found one first i would have bought one, but i'm having fun doing stuff to the GT. :)

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Yea I dont know I would have to get a decent amount for my car to be able to afford a Cobra

voidfinger

Reaction score
doesn't sound that bad for a gt. I'd just put some money in a blower and have a good street car.

Purple97GT

Reaction score
Ehh, I'd rather play with my car, so I would keep it as a paid off toy and mods the piss out of it.

Do a Mach1 4.6L DOHC swap. :)

CobraBob

Reaction score
I know you said a Cobra up to a 2001, but as a former owner of a 2003 Cobra, if you can afford it, I'd recommend the 2003/2004. Not cheap of course, but the bang-for-the-buck quotient is way up there. With a minimal investment of approx. $2,500. I had a safe and reliable high powered setup (504rwhp and 494rwtq). I never had one issue with it. And I didn't baby it, either. I drove it hard whenever possibile. LOL! That car was the best car I've ever owned. And....I miss it! If your budget won't allow a newer Cobra, I definitely agree that a '96+ is recommended. And with lower mileage if possible. Personally looking at your mods I wouldn't swap a GT with 120K miles for a Cobra with near the same miles. I'd just keep the GT. So many choices! First decide what you're looking for as far as year, mileage, condition, options, etc. Then keep your eyes open for just the right car. Best of luck!

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Yea I will probably end up keeping my car, but I am just disappointed in how slow it is. with MT ET streets on the back on 15inch welds I couldnt get it to run better than a 14.6 in the 1/4 mile with a 1.9 60". I know the 60" could use some work but either way I thought it would be faster than it was.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Man, i would love to trade cars with you lol. Mine is a white convertable from the pics if you've seen them but i'm in love with the deep violet "Purple" stangs man. Awsome car lol.

O and if you want to go a little faster. I've got a set of pi heads and cams for sale, and i got the intake also but its on the car and i'm about to take it off. Plus the pi head swap kit also. That will give you the 260 plus some b/c of the CR bump. But other than that hit up dyno tune nitros and see about a 100 shot kit. Cheap and killer power.

If your interested shoot me a pm and get some pics up of your car.

96gt226410

Reaction score
I hear exactly what you're saying. I just PI swapped my '96 GT and I'm still disapointed. It's too slow. I'm going to sell my car and look for a 4.6 Cobra. Probably '96-'98. They're sexy! O0... Or I could just swap a 4v into my car. I guess it's whatever the first thing that I find a good deal on.

Anyone looking for a PI swapped SN-95? 8)

OP
OP
T

tjmaxx

Reaction score
Yea I would like to run 12's and im sure I could probably do it with the PI kit and a 100 shot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twisteddalek

Members online