My 96 Fobra Build. Winter 2013- IRS, Coilovers, RIms, Exhaust, and Misc.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Here is a list of all the parts waiting to be installed. Hopefully this winter

• Steeda Tri-Ax
  • MM Rear Coilovers
  • MM Front Coilovers
  • MM C/C Plates
  • HVAC/Cluster LED's
  • Front Stainless Brake Lines
  • Black Beauty Headlights
  • HID Ballast
  • CAI Heat Shield
  • Tinted Rear Tail Lights
  • 03/04 Cobra Rims/Tires
  • Cobra Floor Mats
  • 98 GT Console
  • COP Wiring/Covers/Gaskets/Brackets/Plugs

96gt4.6

Reaction score
i thought it was figured out that the headlights from win were not black beauty headlights

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
Car looks great how do yoy like the swap so far. Was the swap worth it?

kris

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Car looks great how do yoy like the swap so far. Was the swap worth it?

kris

I drove it once with the IRS installed and loved it! The weather and roads here are not very good and I wont drive it till the salt is off the roads so it's hard to say how AWESOME it is, but from the first ride I loved it! The MM IRS Coilover Kit will help more also. I have to get the shocks grooved then I can install the kit and go from there.

nice, man! I love your progress. The suspension give it some gust-o?

The suspension felt like it was on rails when I drove it that one time. Need to get the shocks grooved for the MM coilover kit. I should be able to get that done next week or the week after at school and then I can have the rear end fully buttoned up. Front end is still in 6534689431689865 pieces. Waiting for a couple small parts for the coilovers. I lost a spacer so MM is shipping me a new one, and the CC plates are off being blasted and will be either polished/painted/powder coated before I install them. I was able to get the 98 Console, Custom Wiring Harness/LED's installed. And the Steeda Tri Ax Installed.

yEs75uL.jpg

I still have a lot to do this winter, but the next small thing I am doing will be picking up some scrap metal from the metals lab at school to make some brackets for the HID ballast. Who knows maybe I will use the new water jet to make some kick ass brackets

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I will take a video in the coming week to show people what I mean by custom wiring/LED's. Its complicated to explain but I don't think anyone has done what I did, or at least to this level. Its pretty awesome!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Ok so heres another little thing I will be playing with for now. I purchased this off eBay with intentions to use it to connect my iPhone to my radio via USB cable. I pulled the cig lighter out and measured the opening. It was 1 1/8" or 28.575 mm. I then purchased this which has a dimension of 28mm so it will fit pretty snug and look almost factory but allow me to make it useful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261265420708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$T2eC16hHJHMFH!jDDJlNBSDFfUpUI!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJFEFH3dKg9,LBSDFfW0++w~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJFUFHzfwG0PgBSDFfYk-ew~~60_3.JPG

Here you can see where it will be mounted in the left part of the console by the e-brake and door. (not my console juist a pic for reference)
m7210m_1190.jpg

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
The USB wiring kit should be here today.... I am excited to say the least! I will get that installed tomorrow and take pictures and videos for everyone to see. As far as the COP swap and engine bay stuff goes I think I am going to put that on hold until next winter. I still have a few parts I would like to order and figured I would just do it all at once when it is easier. I planned to drop the engine out next winter anyways so I might as well wait and do it all at once. This leaves a very short list of things I have yet to do for this winter.

-MM Front Coilovers
-MM Rear Coilovers
-MM C/C Plates
-Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines
-HVAC & Cluster LED Bulbs
-Smoked Headlights
-Mount HID Ballast
-Paint 03/04 Cobra Rims
-Cobra Floor Mats
-Adjust Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
-Satin Black Tail Light Bezels
-LED Reverse Light Bulbs
-LED Plate Bulbs
-License Plate Bulb Housings
-Transmission Harness

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Well I got the USB kit today and am thoroughly disappointed in the quality.... I mean it's from china so I knew it wouldnt be the best but it damn near ate my $20 iPhone Lighting cable. I plugged it in and it was kinda tight but when I went to remove it I couldn't. It was literally stuck in there and had to be removed with a pliers. Not only did this upset me, but scratched and scuffed my almost new cable. I have emailed the seller and requested either a refund or for them to send me a new one that's not so tight. They wont do anything about the cable but I brought that up also....

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
So I decided to get off my butt today and get some pictures and videos of the custom lighting which I talked about earlier. I also took the chance to get some low light photos of the amazing paint job a friend of mine did on the Cobra. Opal frost is a sexy color to begin with but what most people don't know is that there is a ton of metallic in the color....

DqV1njh.jpg

L6KeWsF.jpg

xEjKHD9.jpg

qyfBwbQ.jpg

Here is the interior lighting which I was referring to....

ztXQIeB.jpg

[video=youtube;nUiYE0XLZUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUiYE0XLZUo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Also both the picture and video of the lights are w/o a dome light bulb. This is just 2 12" Oznium Led Strips on their own. It is more then enough light to see your way around, its even bright enough that it illuminates the doors, and the ground outside the car which is really nice also.

If anyone would be interested in a white up on how to do this please let me know and I can grab a few pictures, links, and diagrams and throw one up for you to do the same with.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
UPDATE

I have NO idea why I keep doing this but I just purchased some more parts to put on the Cobra even though I haven't finished installing the current parts sitting on the shelf. Here is an idea of what you can expect in the near future for the car.

-Stifflers T-45 Trans Member
ZZN2T7o.jpg

-OEM Ford Export Flares. Can't decide if I want to paint them satin black and mount them in a removable way or to just sell them. Only paid $80 for them so I am tempted to just sell them.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Nice work man.. What's next? Is that trans member really called Stifflers? HAHA

IT IS! Heres a link- http://buystifflers.com/

As far as what's next goes here is a list.

-Install Smoked Headlights
-Bend Brackets for HID Ballast
-Install MM Front/Rear Coilovers
-Install MM C/C Plates
-Install Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines
-Install Cluster/HVAC LED's
-Adjust Steeda Tri-Ax Shift Stops
-Install Floor Mats
-Install Stain Black Tail Light Bezels
-Purchase and Install LED Reverse Light Bulbs/LED License Plate Bulbs
-Install Stifflers Cross-member
-Install Poly Trans Mount
-Fix Transmission Wiring
-Paint 03/04 Cobra Rims
-Purchase and Install IRS Exhaust
-Install License Plate Lamp Housings
-ETC

Here what a clean Cobra looks like with the export flares-

p1005637.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That looks nasty with the flares. Sounds like you got your work cut out for you, looking forward to progress!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
That looks nasty with the flares. Sounds like you got your work cut out for you, looking forward to progress!

Yeah! It's hard to say how well it will look since a majority of the pictures I found online were either of a black/red/blue/white car. I have yet to see silver but am still looking. I don't know if I will paint them body color yet since I don't want to throw $140 at them in paint just to decide I don't like it and resell it. I will either plasti-dip them or take my time and do a nice satin black finish on them. Whats your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online