My 96 Fobra Build. Winter 2013- IRS, Coilovers, RIms, Exhaust, and Misc.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah! It's hard to say how well it will look since a majority of the pictures I found online were either of a black/red/blue/white car. I have yet to see silver but am still looking. I don't know if I will paint them body color yet since I don't want to throw $140 at them in paint just to decide I don't like it and resell it. I will either plasti-dip them or take my time and do a nice satin black finish on them. Whats your opinion?

Hm.. What color are the wheels gonna be? I might've missed that part in here so bare with me lol. You could dip em black and see how it looks before you paint them legitimately. That way if you don't like the black and not feeling the flares, peel the dip off and sell em. They would look good body color imo.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Hm.. What color are the wheels gonna be? I might've missed that part in here so bare with me lol. You could dip em black and see how it looks before you paint them legitimately. That way if you don't like the black and not feeling the flares, peel the dip off and sell em. They would look good body color imo.

The rims are going to be a satin metallic dark silver. I would love to see the flares in body color but unless my body guy has enough paint from when he did the car, it will run me abound $140. Ill send him a text and see what he says. Maybe he can just spray them quick when hes doing the 99 GT.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The rims are going to be a satin metallic dark silver. I would love to see the flares in body color but unless my body guy has enough paint from when he did the car, it will run me abound $140. Ill send him a text and see what he says. Maybe he can just spray them quick when hes doing the 99 GT.

That's gonna look sick man. Keep me posted!

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
That's gonna look sick man. Keep me posted!

Keep posted on here. Tuesday should have some new pictures posted for your enjoyment. Also just purchased another part, well traded actually.

- [MENTION=10623]330CubeGt[/MENTION] shifter base/handle gasket kit

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
UPDATE

So I spend a few minutes this afternoon before I headed into work bending up some brackets for the HID ballasts. Here is how they turned out. I am pleased with them. They are not perfect but work really well and required little effort. I have enough material left over to make another set of brackets. If someone is interested in having them made just let me know. I will only need 2 dimensions (Width and Height).

XQaFyZP.jpg

heg1RDz.jpg

KzrqmaD.jpg

IubKbv8.jpg

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I was able to spend a few hours with the *OTHER* girlfriend tonight. I feel like I got a lot done for only 3 hours of work but I will let you be the judge.

-Removed Transmission Harness (o2 sensor/reverse light problems) I found out that the harness is good, but the connector was pretty dirty. Cleaned it up and it worked as good as new.
-Installed said harness
-Installed NEW speedo gear to match the 3.55 gears in the IRS
-Mounted HID Ballasts
-Wired HID's
-Installed Smoked Headlights/HID's
-Installed Honeycomb Grille Insert
-Installed 96-98 style hood latch (Previously had a 94-95 style)
-Removed everything from the front suspension in prep for the Maximum Motorsports parts
-Found a P/S Leak ;(
-Messed around with various wheel spacers on the rear

***HIDS***
g1CRup7.jpg

6do3ZFW.jpg

MWDT4tJ.jpg

***WHEEL SPACERS***
ZUNbEGI.jpg

kSyrjX7.jpg

rHcMrcn.jpg

***GRILLE & LATCH***
3SYpiP6.jpg

***READY FOR AWESOMENESS***
LkL2IpQ.jpg

***HOW THE NIGHT ENDED***
S7kKjPT.jpg

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Spend a little more time in the shop tonight. I was able to get a few things done but spend most the night welding up some skid plates for the snow blower in prep for the storm coming tomorrow.

-Installed Speed Sensor Gear
-Removed IRS Shocks
-Assembled part of the MM Coilover Kit: have to wait for the rest until I get it machined for the sleeve
-Removed IRS Springs

dZiTSHL.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good so far, more pics of the IRS swap por favor!

If you don't use the flares let me know.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Good so far, more pics of the IRS swap por favor!

If you don't use the flares let me know.

I should have more pictures of the IRS swap soon. I have the shocks off at a local machine shop and the exhaust is waiting to be installed. I will grab more pics then. As far as the flares go, seller would only do cash.... so no deal. Dont feel comfortable sending cash to any joe blow online. I am still looking for some though lol. There has been some good news however. I have some 01 Cobra seats sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, and also some drilled and slotted rotors for the car.... Should be interesting.

heavyfoot

Reaction score
Wow I can't wait to see pics of this car when it's finished! Great work so far man! Irs swap FTW. Planning mine soon. Just collecting the rest of the parts now.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
BIG UPDATE

-Rims Painted (Black Plastidip with Silver Metalizer Over)
-Rear Coilovers Installed (Max Motorsprots)
-Front Coilovers Finished (Max Motorsports)
-Exhaust Mounted (Magnaflow)
-Seats Installed (01 Cobra)

osXClUM.jpg

8T0s0Bi.jpg

292PjR3.jpg

4VRlkA3.jpg

NEcdXJw.jpg

lFMgIIl.jpg

QoKP15X.jpg

PpUjPg8.jpg

nph3z0N.jpg

x7f4nHa.jpg

xpjjfSX.jpg

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
wow,car has can a long way,i really love it man.

Thanks! I have a lot more to do but this is how it sits now. I still need to play with the stance, down in the front/up in the back. Also need to install smoked fogs, black emblems, led license plate lights, and a lot of interior/suspension stuff.

Holy ass shot! Those rear pics look great! What tire size?!

Thanks! I think they are 265/40zr17 Nitto NT555's. I will double check though. Rears have a 3/8" spacer on them.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a spacer on the front? Those wheels stick out an awful lot.

Other than that I think it looks amazing. That color looks great with dark rims.

chris91

Reaction score
You running extended studs with the 3/8" spacer or is there enough thread to be safe with the stock studs? I need either a 3/8" or 1/2" spacer for mine.

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Do you have a spacer on the front? Those wheels stick out an awful lot.

Other than that I think it looks amazing. That color looks great with dark rims.

No spacer in front, I have no idea why they stick out so far, they are only a 265 tire. I even have a slight amount of camber..... Im going to look into it later this week. It does rub a bit on the inner fender when at full lock but other then that it doesn't rub anywhere.

You running extended studs with the 3/8" spacer or is there enough thread to be safe with the stock studs? I need either a 3/8" or 1/2" spacer for mine.

Well there is a decent amount of thread for 3/8" but I don't think id feel safe with much less. I would like to have more but its not much less than the fronts.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great stuff! Love the car.

Great quality pictures, I'd recommend taking more in a nice location :)

OP
OP
SVTstang96

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Great stuff! Love the car.

Great quality pictures, I'd recommend taking more in a nice location :)

Thats the plan! Couldn't help taking them right then and there after washing the car. I will probably be going out tomorrow and doing that, or maybe thursday.... Cant wait!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.