My engine rebuild thread!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will provide any/all specs provided to me by the engine shop.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been rattling the cage intermittently for the last week and...... Result! They are delivering TWO Full Throttle clients’ engines tomorrow, Friday.

Maybe its the pessimist that has grown inside of me over the years but when I read that line above my first thought was "Did you ask if either of those might be yours?". I hate the word games that they seem to play in these situations but it is what it is. If I were you now at this point my next questions would be like "So when would you like me to stop by then?" You didn't want to be that guy I know but unfortunately there are some times and some places where you just have to be. I hate being pushy as well, its not my style but I think some people are just use to that and if you are not a little bit they will let the pushy people push past.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You’re 100% right, ttocs. The time has come to be assertive. And I was. Even backed myself off and asked FTK to call on my behalf as I knew I could potentially pop my lid. Thursday, FTK did call me back with confirmation that LNR is bringing both FTK motors back Friday. To which I asked, “what Friday?”!! As in 2/20 or Friday 2/27? And seeing how today is 2/21, I guess I have my answer.
But, in my last remaining drip of patience, I do have to admit that I used the timeline to usher the rebuilding of the rear suspension! I had so much time to begin with that I, admittedly, dropped the ball and shifted it into overdrive, getting it all done

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
B663C19B-825C-45D4-B69F-A114E754631D.jpeg Well, it’s a start...
Hit it 3x over with the pressure washer 40 degree nozzle, then gave it a wersh! Remember: it’s sitting high because I haven’t adjusted the spring perches and, oh yeah, there’s NO MOTOR IN IT YET!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was a lazy ass and while it was up on stands for the better part of 2 months, I never washed it! With all the wind storms, light rains + the daily crosswind we get = caked on tree droppings, bugs, bird shit and dust. Yep, took 3x around till I felt like I got the grit and grime off!!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IT’S BACK! Engine is back at FTK. I’m just waiting to see where in the queue I am to get that puppy put in, dyno’d and remapped. Gawd, I’m coming UNGLUED! I want my baby back so bad!

It’s looking like Wednesday the soonest FTK can put someone on it. That cool though since my new wheel/tires should be here Tuesday! Daddy’s tail is waggin’!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, a week from this Monday. So Monday 3/22 I get the car towed over there and they start the reconstruction. I’m a little bummed, but really after waiting this long, another week ain’t nuthin!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow’s the big day! My buddy is going to piggy back my car on his tow truck back to FTK. Was originally scheduled to start two days ago (Monday) but I’m upgrading the radiator, fan shroud, fans and hoses.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering now where the f*ck my heads are? Are they worth much? Should I even worry about it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always thought it was a little sad when you bolt up the pieces that cover the AFR machined into the heads. I didn't like covering up my trickflows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online