Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I love your rack!!

The tie rods look stainless, are they? I will consider switching from my flaming river rack if they are. Mine is already rusting.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Just ordered my fuel tank and new pump setup.... I just spent some money on this but I think it will be well worth. BBRC ftw!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
What is BBRC?
http://www.behindbarsracecars.com/

This is the tank and pump I got -

xwKWjqy.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.behindbarsracecars.com/

This is the tank and pump I got -

xwKWjqy.jpg

So you say you paid about half?! You gonna explain how?!? Lol

Just out of curiosity, that’s a lot less parts for about than same price that you can get a complete kit from Glenn’s. Why did you order this specifically?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50HSN95

Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, that’s a lot less parts for about than same price that you can get a complete kit from Glenn’s. Why did you order this specifically?!?

I was thinking the same thing :D, for half that price I would be interested in one also!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score

First I’ll get to the why this particular kit ... 1. I already have all the fuel system in place from the tank forward. And this unit will bolt right into place using my current filler neck and fuel level sender. 2. Look how nice and shiny it is. 3. It’s an 18 gallon so will be beneficial while running e-85 and has great baffling which will benefit when fuel levels are low.

How did I get it cheap? Luckily I found an individual who had a brand new never installed one that ended up going mini tubbed and had to change direction on the tank setup. So now for what I paid is just a few hundred more than what the pump itself goes for.

SonicbluGT

Reaction score
new guy here from another forum. loving the build looks awesome! dont see to many cool mustang builds around iowa anymore

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Test fitted the tank in this weekend. Fits great. Just gotta swap the feed an return lines with some 90° fittings and will be good to go.

peobcRm.jpg

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
-8 Feed and -6 return. If could go back I would have atleast done a -8 return too.

Yeah -6 is pretty small for a return. On my old setup I was 8/6, im sure you’ll be okay, anyway to just adapt from 6 to 8 fitting and run 8 line?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Yes, I think for my current power goals this will be fine. I do need to switch out the crossover fuel line at the rails as the one thats installed by MHS was only a -6. Not sure why he did that.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
All update.... havnt done alot with the car yet. Decided to strip back the engine harness and do some more wire tuck type stuff. Should have a cleaner engine bay this year. Also regarding my core support.....

There is a company Motion Raceworks somewhat local to me that is developing some custom lower bolton/weld-on Core Supports for the foxbody and sn95 market. These alow us to move the radiator forward and also has intercooler mounting brackets for the Treadstone intercoolers. The foxbody supports are currently available now. I just spoke with one of their employees and they will have the sn95 units in production in the next couple of weeks.

https://www.motionraceworks.com/

w5XjeWD.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Quick update where we are. Brake system is plumbed and bleed and ready to go. My front core support I ended up having my buddy just build me one and its almost complete. Getting ready to pull the engine to get the oil pan drilled and a drain bung welded on. I'm pricing my options to get a built transmission. Im guessing the stock t45 will have met its match with the new setup.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Sounds good man! What trans are you thinking about? Built T45 or something different?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online