Not so productive build

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard people complain about fedex and maybe I have been lucky but the few times I have used them its been with good results.

I have also heard a lot of people talking about problems getting packages the past couple of months but with only one exception I have been getting my stuff on time

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I have heard people complain about fedex and maybe I have been lucky but the few times I have used them its been with good results.

I have also heard a lot of people talking about problems getting packages the past couple of months but with only one exception I have been getting my stuff on time

I swear the things I need the most are taking their sweet time lol. Hopefully it won’t be much longer and I can get this thing rolling.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
7C4687A6-0DC9-4531-B214-0063A5DDF485.jpeg 4965ADCE-90D9-462C-811C-24AF3020FCFB.jpeg 98A0C8F0-F790-4865-B880-BB813BC9AF69.jpeg E55DAF11-49E3-431F-99F9-3E3514F4A450.jpeg

got the car cleaned up a little tonight for a few pictures. Waiting on a few things for the rear suspension then I’ll start on that. Hopefully the built motor will be soon, but for now I’m saving for some good heads. Didn’t see a point in putting so much in the short block so it could have factory heads. Off to clean the couch out for change.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
93529EBC-DB9D-4DBD-BB7A-7CC7CBA532B5.jpeg

Got a few things today. Should have the rest this week maybe first of next. Going to be putting a -8 feed line up to a y block the 2 -6 lines going into the rails with the edelbrock intake when all my stuff comes in.

Going to be installing the baseline stuff as well as the battle boxes at the same time as the fuel stuff and the clutch. Then I’ll be taking it for a dyno tune after I get the suspension angles down. Right now I am running a tune from some data that was emailed in. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I ordered all I need for the fuel lines lol.

Attachments

• 7BE113E0-848B-4D7F-A40A-2946B66AA39F.jpeg
    7BE113E0-848B-4D7F-A40A-2946B66AA39F.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I'm waiting to get my block
I was told 4 to 6 weeks feels like decades
I want it now

It is crazy how long it feels like sometimes. I think it’s the fact we all as motor heads are are always wanting to go faster. When we have to wait on go fast parts we get inpatient.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I have been reading on a lot of different forums about a bad frps before asking this question, but I wanted to ask anyway. So when I start the car say after it’s been parked it starts and shuts off like it floods out. The car will start up by holding the gas to the floor and then if you keep it running it will clear the fuel smoke then idle fine. Outside of that issue it seems to be randomly cutting out and it seems to be doing it mostly under boost building up. No codes or anything like that at all.

I seen a lot of people saying check with the tune, but this is something it started doing with no change to the car running a the same tune for over a year now with no issues. I also read the test to be performed and I will do that in the morning, but just wanted to see if any of you guys have ever dealt with the fuel loading up on start up?

95opal

Reaction score
I have been reading on a lot of different forums about a bad frps before asking this question, but I wanted to ask anyway. So when I start the car say after it’s been parked it starts and shuts off like it floods out. The car will start up by holding the gas to the floor and then if you keep it running it will clear the fuel smoke then idle fine. Outside of that issue it seems to be randomly cutting out and it seems to be doing it mostly under boost building up. No codes or anything like that at all.

I seen a lot of people saying check with the tune, but this is something it started doing with no change to the car running a the same tune for over a year now with no issues. I also read the test to be performed and I will do that in the morning, but just wanted to see if any of you guys have ever dealt with the fuel loading up on start up?

So it seems as though your getting to much fuel. Have you inspected plugs and gap? Do you have a way to monitor fuel press or some sort of data logger? Even a scanner thay can read libe data will help.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
So it seems as though your getting to much fuel. Have you inspected plugs and gap? Do you have a way to monitor fuel press or some sort of data logger? Even a scanner thay can read libe data will help.

I just put plugs in it and the gap is at 32. I did swap from ngk to brisk silvers though. I do have a scanner that I will be bringing home tonight.

The main reason I was thinking frps is I saw hitting the rev limiter can pop them and I did that recently.

it just oddly randomly started doing this and it is very annoying.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Found a boost leak by the iac vacuum and the maf sensor. Going to get that welded up and see what it does.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
IAC vac? There is no vac line to the IAC is why I ask.

the iac valve has a 5/8 hose “I think... might be bigger” that goes from it to your intake tube. Not sure it’s called a vacuum hose, but it has to be seeing some type of vacuum/air from that hose going to the intake. I know if I pull it off my car does exactly what it is doing now. It leaking air around the intake tube is causing it to pull more air making it run rich at starts and idle... I could be wrong but it makes sense to me. It’s definitely leaking boost though and that explains why I’m not building boost anymore.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
12658606-A0F8-448F-BF38-86D4F4DC5DF9.jpeg

This is where it is leaking and a pretty good amount. I am going to weld around it this weekend and see what happens.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I forgot am stuck in pushrod world

Hahaha I don’t know if people call that a vacuum I’m new to these motors as well. I just assumed it was a vacuum because it has to be pulling air from the intake. When I read your post I was like hell I don’t know how to even explain it because I don’t 100% know how it works other than it reading air at idle. I know some people delete them and I have even seen people put little breathers on the end of them. This is my first 4.6 so it’s all new to me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you sure you need to weld? It looks like there are is an adaptor in there. I would start with some thread sealant or teflon tape first.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
are you sure you need to weld? It looks like there are is an adaptor in there. I would start with some thread sealant or teflon tape first.

the part that it’s leaking at is that spacer between the nut and the tube. Inside the tube is a rubber grommet. I think what happens is that grommet moves around and lets air leak out. I can posit it so it don’t leak, but if I weld around it I won’t ever have to worry about it again.

unfortunately at the time getting the aluminum welded wasn’t an option now I have a welder.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Got it welded and had to put some liquid Teflon around the threads but no more leak. Car is back to building boost and starting fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online