People who have an auto with a stall..... come in

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fluidyne makes a nice piece, I'd go for it. Actually I always recomend people get new radiators when they redo the trans, but they never do, lol.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
haha i'ma just get a loan and get a bunch of parts haha.
i'm thinking like a 5,000 dollar loan? hahah
idk
maybe like a 3,000
i want to be able to afford the suspension and all this

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
A loan to mod your car isn't a great idea. A loan to repair it is a little better though. Is it paid for now? If so, and you can afford it, go for it. labor is going to be what kills you though.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
My car is paid off. I want this stuff and I'm sick of waiting. I know I'm the kind of person that if I get money I spend it unless I have payments so.. I figured it would keep me straight plus get me the stuff I wanted haha.
I just gotta figure out how much everything I want is gunna cost ahha

voidfinger

Reaction score
I just don't see the use in getting a new radiator... unless your running hot... ooo i see you have a 96... i would just get a new edge or a 97-98 radiator and call it a day... 450 bucks for a radiator is $$$ in my book. but yea a trans cooler is a must, ... 5k loan... i'm thinking a complete vortec kit with aftercooler and a tune :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Fluidyne makes a nice piece, I'd go for it. Actually I always recomend people get new radiators when they redo the trans, but they never do, lol.

why would you replace it?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Because it's full of crap from the friction material in the old trans, and you can't get it all out. But like I said, people never do.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Because it's full of crap from the friction material in the old trans, and you can't get it all out. But like I said, people never do.

won't it just go back into the fluid and then into the filter? I know the first time i checked mine there was a little friction material on the dip stick but it looks clean now...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Most of it will get caught in the filter, some of it will get past, and circulate a bit before it get's caught.

voidfinger

Reaction score
ahh 20k with a new filter and will probably be changed at like 20k more so its not that big of a deal i don't think

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's what everyone thinks, although I'm not the only trans guy that will tell you that.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
That's what everyone thinks, although I'm not the only trans guy that will tell you that.

well if i would have known it when i did it and had the extra money which i didn't i would have done it...

would you say that the little that was in there would mess it up?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
I just don't see the use in getting a new radiator... unless your running hot... ooo i see you have a 96... i would just get a new edge or a 97-98 radiator and call it a day... 450 bucks for a radiator is $$$ in my book. but yea a trans cooler is a must, ... 5k loan... i'm thinking a complete vortec kit with aftercooler and a tune :)

hahah yeah i wish. i'm doing a lot to the car to get her back to uhh potential is a good word. so the s/c kit will have to come later.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i will end up getting a trans cooler and a new radiator just to get them newer and running things cooler. my car randomly seems like it's hotter than it should. i will prolly get a 180 stat as well

FASTANG

Reaction score
is that info coming from your factory gauges? If so, it is not reliable. I thought that also and found out when
I was getting tuned that it is right where it should be. have you drained and flushed the radiator? Blown the
crap out of the fins? it takes a little time, but it has saved me lots of money?

So, it's a trade off - what's your time worth? If you want to spend the money, no-one can stop you.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
well i can honestly say no to that.
i haven't
i should do that.....
but .....
how?!?!?!

never have so....
uhhh...
tell me!?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
J.R. said:

well if i would have known it when i did it and had the extra money which i didn't i would have done it...

would you say that the little that was in there would mess it up?

Honestly, it's hard to say, but probably not, but you are going to change the fluid and filter when you should, most people won't. They think it's a money making scheme or something, go 130k, then it finally starts to slip, they drive it getting worse and worse, then flush the thing. Then they say flushing the trans killed it :hammer:

In the end, some of that crap is in there anyway, no way around it, that's what the magnet is for. BTW, you can put a bigger magnet in there if you want to catch more junk.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
i will end up getting a trans cooler and a new radiator just to get them newer and running things cooler. my car randomly seems like it's hotter than it should. i will prolly get a 180 stat as well

Dont the 96s have a radiator problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online