Vortech V-2 SQ S-Trim ordered! A few questions...

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Not yet!!!!! I dunno what the hold up is, I'm calling TODAY. I ordererd the damn thing on 7/6.....

The worst part is, my installer hasn't been too busy lately which means if I had the blower he'd probably be able to get me right in. Plus, I even bought a "beater" to drive around while the Stang is in the shop for $800. It's a nice little 96 Contour.

I'll keep you posted.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I cant wait till you get this thing in... I want to hear all the details on it.... What boost gauge did you get again?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Going off the number's he posted in another thread I would say not...

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
nes said:
3 months with boost in a box is no fun...

Haha... actually it's A LOT more complicated than that. I wish it were just as simple as getting it installed..... but since you brought it up, here's the story:

I purchased the kit (head unit plus install kit) from www.joeblowracing.com on July 6 2007. After 2 months of waiting I received a package from said merchant. The package contained ONLY the install kit and no head unit, the merchant claimed he thought the head unit went out with install kit. In retrospect, I'm thinking he just sent out the install kit to keep me from cancelling my order with him which I had previously threatened to do and by sending me the install kit at least he was sending me "something". Whatever. So here I am over a month later (total of 3+ months of waiting), STILL no head unit. I can't even get in contact with this guy. He won't answer my phone calls or emails and I've literally left hundreds of voicemails, bascially b/c he knows I'm wanting to cancel and doesn't want to lose the money.

So last week I contacted the manufacturer directly (Vortech), filed a report with the Better Business Bureau and filed a dispute claim with my credit card company, since technically I paid for the item and never really received it. So as it is right now, I'm just waiting around for this dispute claim to work out with my credit card company. The credit card was issued me a temporary credit refund while they get in touch with the merchant.

Turns out, after talking to Vortech, this guy (owner of joeblowracing) isn't even an authorized dealer of Vortech products anymore.

It's a HUGE disaster right now. But basically, I've got EVERYTHING together but the head unit.

Once the dispute claim goes through to completion, I'll hopefully be picking up a head unit ASAP, but I gotta wait until this dispute works out cuz I don't wanna end up paying for 2 superchargers.

All I wanted was to go fast :(

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn dude! Goodluck with that, but credit card companies are usually pretty good with that kind of thing, they nailed Cool Blue Performance to the wall for me, pretty much the same situation.

Isn't Joe Blow run by Joe Amato? I kinda wondered why he would leave his old shop, I guess now we know...

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
Damn dude! Goodluck with that, but credit card companies are usually pretty good with that kind of thing, they nailed Cool Blue Performance to the wall for me, pretty much the same situation.

Isn't Joe Blow run by Joe Amato? I kinda wondered why he would leave his old shop, I guess now we know...

The owner's name is Rodney Michaels. At least that's what he tells me anyway. Haha, who knows who I'm dealing with here!?!?!

What's even worse is that now it'll be getting colder out and snowing soon (I live in Ohio) and the track's closing this month which means that even if I do get a head unit anytime soon I won't be able to get any trips down the 1/4 mile by the time I get it installed. :'(

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I may be wrong about that, I dunno for sure.

I used to live in Ohio, near Cleveland, I totally understand, it really sucks man, your season is essentially over right now. Like I said though, credit card companies are really good about these thing's, that's why I always use them for any large online purchase.

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
Where is this guy located??? A road-trip can always be fun :eek:uttahere:

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
FUK_N_JUNK said:
Where is this guy located??? A road-trip can always be fun :eek:uttahere:

California... too far for a road trip. If he was local, I would be in his office everyday :slap:

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Not too far from me. Im in Arizona. I should Buzz up there and pay him a visit!

ripper

Reaction score
Thats total BS cruz. I would put a negative in every good guy/bad guy forum section I could find. I hate when you cant get even a call back from these guys. Its like there sayin fuck off. What a dick.

JOE BLOW FTL

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Tell me about it, this guy really pisses me off.

The address listed on his website is:

2731 Kelp Street
Oxnard, CA. 93035

But he also has this address listed with the Better Business Bureau:

2916 Arriba Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

My sales invoice also lists the second address.

Here's a little more info on the whole story. I wanted to start a thread about this a long time ago, but it just takes so damn long to recount everything I figured nobody would be interested in reading, but if you're up for it, here goes:

In the beginning, when I first placed the order, I expected there to be a wait. I thought maybe 4-6 weeks at MOST, especially since this was a custom/special order tuner kit which he did not have in stock. After placing the order, he estimated about 2 weeks for the unit to arrive to him from Vortech, then he would ship it out to me. So I was really excited.

Well, 4 weeks later I'm calling back to check on the status and he tells me that everything should be arriving soon, and for me to just hang tight. Blah blah blah. This continues for a while, me calling, him telling me to "hang tight". I now hate hearing the words "hang tight" by the way, it fires me up beyond belief just to hear those words.

By about 2 months and after repeated phone calls and email correspondence, he knows I'm getting fed up with all his bullshit and all I want is to cancel and get my money back so I can go to Summit Racing and have the thing here in a few days. So I call him up with the intentions on cancelling and he answers the phone with "good news", telling me that everything (keyword: everything) came in and it's being sent out.

A package arrives at my door a week or so later (yeah, he didn't send it priority or anything like that). I'm fricken thrilled to see the box in my living room when I get home from work. I open it up, look through it, realize there's no head unit and email him about it. He basically says he didn't realize the kit shipped without the head unit. He "thought it was in there", which is TOTAL BS. I know he only sent the install kit b/c he figured it would temporarily keep me happy while I continued to wait.

So, of course, I called him up left him about 50000x10^10 messages/voicemails explaining how I wanted to cancel. Now he won't answer the phone, return messages, reply to my emails or anything b/c he knows the ONLY thing I want right now is a refund.

Since then, I have filed a complaint with the BBB, filed a dispute with my credit card company for "goods not received", and contacted Vortech about the problem (whom just gave me more bad news).

Vortech basically told me this guy/business isn't an authorized dealer for them anymore, they don't work with him for several reasons. So I asked Vortech "if he doesn't get his Vortech products from you, where does he get them?" Cuz now I'm worried about whether or not I'm even receiving genuine Vortech products. The guy on the phone explained to me that he probably buys the units off one of their dealers, then resells them. He went on to explain that by doing business this way, he is probably working on a thin margin of profit, and that's why he doesn't want to process a return/refund to me.

Funny thing is, when this guy used to answer my phone calls, and when I would ask him what was taking so long, he would explain to me how he's had trouble with Vortech in the past with getting orders out on time and that he was basically going to drop Vortech and Paxton from his product line b/c he's had so much trouble with them. Obviously, I've caught him in a lie right there b/c the Vortech representative said they don't even do business with him. It's a mess. And who knows where my products are coming from.

So, here I am waiting around for this dispute to go through, still waiting.......... for god knows how long.

I'm sure many of you are thinking, "how in the hell did you let it get this far? Why didn't you just cancel earlier on?" Well, in the beginning I honestly wasn't in THAT big of a hurry cuz I had just got done draining my bank accout on the other mods you see in my sig, so I was letting the bank accout recover. And as you know, supercharging your car isn't as simple as buying the parts, the install also is quite expensive when you figure in dyno time/tuning and the fuel upgrades I was planning (hence the reason I got a "tuner" kit).

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Still waiting,
Steve

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I totally get how you let it go that far, it was the same situation with me. The car was up on stands anyway, so it was no big deal. Then by the time I did care, that whole process took another 4 weeks before I filed a complaint. The vendor and MAC gave me the run around and bad mouthed each other. The breaking point for me was when MAC fianlly said they had my exhaust, but couldn't ship it because they didn't have a box... WTF!?!?! Anyway, if I was you, I would go to the Corral, Modular Fords, Stangnet, every major forum and post your experience. This will do two thing's, one is spur him to take action, and the other is warn anyone thinking of doind business with him away. I would bet that at least one other person will come forward with a similar story too.

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
Just to let you know, anyone can have a web-based business..... hell my sister does for god's sake. Problem is that he buys all his shit from another supplier (like summit or warehouse) and just gets a dealer price. He probably does not even have a shop, it's run off his CPU from home... I'll bet anything!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online