What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I have the wiring under control now until holley gets the meth driver in so I went back to finish my diffuser mounting today. I made a couple of brackets to hold the drivers side in place and now I think its ready to be taken off and finished/painted/cleared. I have also made 3 trips to autozone to get the correct belt size. After searching far/wide online for belt diagrams there are NONE that I can find that do not include the water pump except for a kit with a different accessory bracket for $700. So now I am 3 trips back/forth from vatozone and hopefully this next one will be the last....

PinkieT

Reaction score
Finally got one side of the front lowering springs in. Gotta wonder - on the side I am starting on, the pigtail on the stock spring was 180 degrees from where it should be. No wonder my GT looked like a 4x4!

lutter94

Reaction score
Got some new tires and wheels. Nothing wrong with going down in rim size.....
f74c4443ccb50c149e5740e8eb1bc744.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tight_Budget

Reaction score
Hey there guys,
I registered myself to this forum bc I've had an idea circulating around my mind for quite a while now and need opinions from people who were familiar with the sort of stuff id be dealing w/.
First of all, a friend and I are in search of a fun summer project ccar and we thought you couldn't go wrong with a nice v8 stang. But we noticed that there really aren't many v8 - 5 speed mustangs in our price range (~$2000).
So, we came up with the idea to at first just manual swap a v8 auto, but we thought we would have to leave the v8 stock bc we wouldn't have any $ left over for upgrades.
That led us to shopping on auction salvage sites and the idea that we want to buy a v6 shell and swap a v8 - manual powertrain into it, swapping the wiring harness and all.
We want to do some basic bolt on upgrades to the engine like long tube headers, exhaust, cai, etc.
We've also had some ideas about forced induction (supercharger), and reworking the pulley system for efficiency.
Our goal is to gut the interior and make a fast, potentially dedicated to drag, car.
We have some questions like if we run a supercharger and long tubes we would be pushing a lot of torque so would this the make the stock 5-speed spit out its guts?
Also, please replay or message us about anything you guys want to say, or any concerns, about this whole setup bc we are new to this and need all the help we can get... Thanks

TrickVert

Reaction score
Reinstalled my now-balanced aluminum drive shaft and put in a new pinion seal. Gear oil has to be one of the nastiest-smelling substances on the face of the planet! :icon_puke_r:

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Gave the engine a good cleaning and ordered some new spark plug wires. Very unhappy with livewires, 7 out of the 8 plugs were defective.

bflCWGR.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Replaced the passenger side PCV valve again and the vacuum hose was still dripping oil when I disconnected it after running the car for a little bit.

Decided to use what I had and try to make use of the (virtually useless) eBay catch can I had in a box. I crammed some coarse stainless steel wool into the can and made a screen on the outlet hose going into the plenum to see if it helps my oil consumption issue. Hoping to cut down on the oil going into the intake and eliminate some of the blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.

12deaefe2e2aa701134156ceb591fd71.jpg

I hate the extra hoses running to the front cluttering up the engine bay, but I'll take that over oil consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
Got my wife's Mustang battery charged up, started it for the first time since we put it away last fall. Warmed it up, changed the oil. All it needs now is for the back yard to dry out and then I can drive it up front to the main garage. On my Mustang, since it last ran I replaced the rear control arms, swapped the 3.08 GT axle for a 3.73 Cobra, installed Cobra brakes, Koni shocks and struts, lowering springs, and camber plates. Today I tightened up the driveshaft bolts and got it ready for a brake bleed. Once I get them bled and the sequential taillight wiring finished up, I'll fire it up and take it in for an alignment. Then, the fun begins!

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Put the top down and went to lunch.
250227e9955c6bb24ad7cb1b83842720.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stingracer

Reaction score
Had not driven her in months. Gave her a bath and took her to the wrong side of the tracks.
ccb625633186ac5c2c961d2931a4be49.jpg
60515cbcfd6ee4f0d420355900ffd19f.jpg
b0d2f76f33b0b60e1a138ea36de7bdbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I talked about it. May of even discussed when I might touch it again........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online