1. Remove loose items
  2. Swap wheels/tires & torque
  3. Fill up with E85
  4. Check hood pins
  5. Nut & bolt check suspension
  6. Check oil
  7. Check coolant
  8. Install race seat & harness

Well, at least I filled the car up with E85 since then :D That list is back in effect for the January 21st event.

IMG_3427.jpeg

Today, I wired in the Volvo pump speed controller and, after figuring the CAN polarity out, works like a charm. Didn’t take any installation pictures but this is where I’ve installed the knob.

IMG_3466.jpeg

It’s well within reach of the driver seat but could be a challenge when cinched down in my harness. I don’t foresee changing it on-the-fly during passes anyway.

IMG_3467.jpeg

Picked up some longer quik latch studs and tried the Saleen bumper again. It fits better on the sides but still leaves a bit to be desired overall. I’m going to continue messing with it.

IMG_3464.jpeg

Previously:

70802572302__5BF35045-5338-4907-8769-76D1E3F720A0.jpeg70802571373__58474FD1-8DBE-401A-A755-D5E1825CD0AD.jpeg

After spacing the sides of the bumper outward:

IMG_3469.jpegIMG_3470.jpeg

badass98svt

Reaction score
Well, at least I filled the car up with E85 since then :D That list is back in effect for the January 21st event.

View attachment 31204

Today, I wired in the Volvo pump speed controller and, after figuring the CAN polarity out, works like a charm. Didn’t take any installation pictures but this is where I’ve installed the knob.

View attachment 31205

It’s well within reach of the driver seat but could be a challenge when cinched down in my harness. I don’t foresee changing it on-the-fly during passes anyway.

View attachment 31206

Picked up some longer quik latch studs and tried the Saleen bumper again. It fits better on the sides but still leaves a bit to be desired overall. I’m going to continue messing with it.

View attachment 31207

Previously:

View attachment 31211View attachment 31212

After spacing the sides of the bumper outward:

View attachment 31213View attachment 31214

Damn man. That fit is bad. What's off? Or is just a bad fit on the bumper.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Damn man. That fit is bad. What's off? Or is just a bad fit on the bumper.

Just some cheap KBD shit that fits as expected. I have a few ideas to dress it up but zero urgency to attempt it.

Ya knob lookin a lil crusty

Tell me about it. SVE is the Harbor Freight of Mustang parts.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Visited my friend Chris over at Chris Carver Motorsports for an alignment adjustment. The previously set alignment spec:

-2.3° camber
(measured-2.3° RH/-2.4° LH)
+5.5° caster
0.25” toe out

IMG_3594.jpeg

IMG_3595.jpeg

Didn’t mess with the caster settings but the new alignment specs are:

-3.0° camber
+5.5° caster
0.0” toe

IMG_3596.jpeg

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’m never content with anything and rocking a black bumper made me itch. Removed the splitter and put the Cobra bumper back on and I will be sending that headlight to be re-sealed.

IMG_3637.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

Driven Racing Oils has launched a partnership program for enthusiasts and one of the requirements is having their logos in the car.

IMG_3643.jpeg

These are magnets.

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3648.jpeg

joemomma

Reaction score
I was just curious. I burned my fronts up in a year (no clue on mileage) after lowering and no alignment.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I was just curious. I burned my fronts up in a year (no clue on mileage) after lowering and no alignment.

I remember many many moons ago when I lowered my car (2005ish) I didn't get an alignment right away, and I noticed I was down to the cords while getting gas. It was just a few months later.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I remember many many moons ago when I lowered my car (2005ish) I didn't get an alignment right away, and I noticed I was down to the cords while getting gas. It was just a few months later.

Lowering/raising suspension changes the toe setting and that’s typically what kills tires fast.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I run 3.1° -Camber with 9.5° +Caster and my tires (track and street) last longer than the date. Oh, I only put about 4k miles a year on them too, but when I do drive, it's nice!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Some of you might have seen my post in my autocross thread about last night’s fire. Here is my initial after action report. I took next week off from work and will post my root cause analysis.

IMG_5102.jpeg

So, on the last big sweeping curve leading to the fast course exit, the car sputtered and the lights flashed. That was the first clue. The Holley reset and I noted the PS pump also cycled power. Corner workers reported sparks from what they thought were brakes. Since I’ve been known to thrown sparks from my brakes due to aggressive pads, that didn’t concern me at the moment. Exiting the course there was a lot of fuel vapor but I chalked that up to fuel sloshing and my abbreviated vent line. Parked the car back in the grid and we swapped drivers.

(This part is on video but I haven’t reviewed the actual sequence of events so I’ll take it from memory)

Another car pulled up after a run and I commented on the smell from his brakes. Few moments after that I made the comment the smell wasn’t disappearing and I got curious. Noticed a haze in the car and said we are on fire. Worth noting the car was still running at this point. Popped the truck, more haze and I noticed flames through a hole in the floor pan. FUCK! Grid workers scrambled for an extinguisher, which seemed like an eternity, and I put the flame out. Turned the car off.

Initially, I thought the grounded battery superheated the fuel pump leads and they were on fire. It was tough to tell looking through the wheel arch and subframe. Disconnected the battery to prevent a reoccurrence and started checking things out. After much discussion, and poking around, I determined that the pump wiring was intact. If you’ve ever grounded a wire you know that the entire cable gets hot, fast, and the insulation fails rather fast. This was not the case. The conclusion was that the grounded battery superheated the hold down stud and floor pan surrounding it. This likely served as a point of ignition, melted the rubber fuel vent line and the proceeded to burn vapors off the fuel tank just like a flare in a refinery or chemical plant. The smell was burning NVH material, grime and fuel vapors.

We decided to reconnect the battery and fire the car up. Car started without any issues and I drove it around to be loaded on the trailer. Once we got back to Prairieville, I asked Chris to unload me at Walmart and I drove to Taco Bell.

RenderedImage.jpeg

RenderedImage.jpeg

RenderedImage.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

God she was looking so good too.

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

I reeeeally want this trailer.

IMG_5122.jpeg

IMG_5126.jpeg