1996 Mustang Gt aka Zeus

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
The block itself is worth $100. Even if it needs machine work. It has a high output oilpump!

Whats it in? Exploder?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mark 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Is it a teksid block? Would it be worth grabbing?

It should be a Teksid. do you have any pictures of the valley?
If it has a square casting pattern in the valley, then it's should be a Teksid.

Teksid%20valley.jpg

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
It should be a Teksid. do you have any pictures of the valley?
If it has a square casting pattern in the valley, then it's should be a Teksid.

Teksid%20valley.jpg

No I just took that quick picture, I t does have a sensor on top in the valley if that helps

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
It is Teksid. You can see the aluminum color on the front. It is definitely worth grabbing. Go get it! It also has 3cc pistons in it, just a little fyi.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
It is Teksid. You can see the aluminum color on the front. It is definitely worth grabbing. Go get it! It also has 3cc pistons in it, just a little fyi.

Thanks going to grab it this week god willing it’s still there!

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Does anyone know if king bearings are good? I’m ordering everything off of mod max and those are the bearings I’m leaning towards. Also should I get new oem head bolts from mod max as well? Or should I go ARP

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
King bearings are fine. Ive had great luck with federal-mogul. Just be sure you pay attention to the details when rebuilding.

If the bolts are actual Ford bolts, theyll be fine to use. I would not use any "like factory" replacement bolts. ARP bolts/ studs are awesome, just be 100% sure they are ARP and not Chinese copies. Lots of the copies are still floating around.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
King bearings are fine. Ive had great luck with federal-mogul. Just be sure you pay attention to the details when rebuilding.

If the bolts are actual Ford bolts, theyll be fine to use. I would not use any "like factory" replacement bolts. ARP bolts/ studs are awesome, just be 100% sure they are ARP and not Chinese copies. Lots of the copies are still floating around.

Thanks! And yes, my buddies motor we just did the valve seals on has low compression in the two back cylinders so we’re going to rebuild that and start pulling my motor to rebuild as well. I’m nervous but I’m confident I can get it done

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
So arp head bolts for sure! Would I need to go with new rod and main bolts as well or will my old ones be fine?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Re-used main bolts are fine. Re-used rod bolts are fine....but if you feel more comfortable replacing the rod bolts, arp has replacements as well. Ive had ZERO problems re-using main and rod bolts. You never hear of rod bolt failure from a modular. Plenty of rod beam failure and the big end of the rod is still attached after windowing the block....if thats not enough proof for you. But in all honesty, i feel more comfortable knowing the rod bolts are new.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Re-used main bolts are fine. Re-used rod bolts are fine....but if you feel more comfortable replacing the rod bolts, arp has replacements as well. Ive had ZERO problems re-using main and rod bolts. You never hear of rod bolt failure from a modular. Plenty of rod beam failure and the big end of the rod is still attached after windowing the block....if thats not enough proof for you. But in all honesty, i feel more comfortable knowing the rod bolts are new.

Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone that has had a bolt break in the block, ANY BOLT IN THE BLOCK and spent a day with the easy out bits wants to install new bolts when he takes them out....

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Sorry for the absence! The car is currently parked still... I’ve been avoiding doing anything to it but I need to! Pull the drive train, and begin the body work! And spray the car and paint the rims as well. My buddy sold me a engine out of his 2002 Lincoln. It was running so i plan on stabbing that in the car for the time being so I can drive it around and build up the motor in it right now on the side

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hopefully thats a towncar lincoln.

One downfall to car projects......life! Life finds a way to interfere with any plans made.

Youll get back to it. Stay focused and pick up parts as you go.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
2003 grand marquis.. no pi intake, doubt it has pi heads I haven’t gotten a good look at it. But I plan on pulling the motor out this week, the downside is the cars on a lot on grass and all the tires are shot. I’ll be pulling the motor alone, what would be the fastest way to get it out? I can cut exhaust whatever so I don’t have to be neat about it

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My 5.4l npi headed mustang pulled off strong pulls up to 6300rpm. Ran with newer 6liter camaros. Just saying

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online