An Outsider "Reviews" The SN95

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
All im saying is the new z28 is not better than the new SS.

505hp, a couple hundred lbs lighter, pulled a really fast time on the Ring in germany, massive brakes, and awesome wheels.

How is it not better then the SS? lol

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
505hp, a couple hundred lbs lighter, pulled a really fast time on the Ring in germany, massive brakes, and awesome wheels.

How is it not better then the SS? lol
God dammit!!!!! Your guys stupidity is rubbing offf.......lol

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The new Z28 and new SS are almost completely different cars. The difference between the two is like the difference between V6 and SS.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
There. I fixed it! Haha

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah I hear good things about the new Z28. While I'm not really a fan of the new Camaro styling, I do like the Z28...

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Nope not you. to that other guy who said the Z28 is the GT and the SS is the cobra. All im saying is the new z28 is better than the new SS.

I didnt think so!
Just kidding!
:Get him!::dogpile::smiley-sw017:
These smiley things are awesome lol

Reaction score
mustangs are lame.....i would of gotten a Porsche or a Ferrari if i can afford it. but im stuck with this stinking assssss ford.

Says the man who if he didn't spend all his money on 2 stang builds and a z could have bought a Porsche or Ferrari... lol I'd still choose a stang any day over a supercar. But when that time comes in the next 5 years I'll already have what I want so I'll be suffice with a 488 gtb

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the biggest thing against the hellcat, those cars are friggin heavy brutes.

So here's the thing with the Hellcats...a friend of a friend has one, a Charger Hellcat. Let me just get this out of the way, it is a damn nice car. It looks absolutely amazing, and the burnouts it is capable of is just mind blowing. And with ~700 HP on tap, it's not hard to see why. A little while ago, I was following this friend to a couple of different places. He had 3 people in the car, including himself. In my '11 STI, it was just me. And he tried his damnedest to leave me behind. We were on various roads, including highways, some twisties (sort of), etc. And tried as he might, he never lost me. He would start to pull away initially, but I caught up pretty quickly - I kept up with him. All my STI has is an AccessPort, so maybe I've got 340 HP. And I drove the shit out of that thing to keep up...but keep up I did.

The point: in a straight up drag race, it wouldn't even be close. He would eat my lunch and then some. In "real world" driving, I could hang with him. With less than half the HP. If anything, it made me appreciate the STI even more...

mustangs are lame.....i would of gotten a Porsche or a Ferrari if i can afford it. but im stuck with this stinking assssss ford.

Yah, Porsche's....I would like them more if they didn't spend much of their time trying to kill you. :)

Nighttrain

Reaction score
So here's the thing with the Hellcats...a friend of a friend has one, a Charger Hellcat. Let me just get this out of the way, it is a damn nice car. It looks absolutely amazing, and the burnouts it is capable of is just mind blowing. Which one would expect with ~700 HP on tap. A little while ago, I was following this friend to a couple of different places. He had 3 people in the car, including himself. In my '11 STI, it was just me. And he tried his damnedest to leave me behind. We were on various roads, including highways, some twisties (sort of), etc. And tried as he might, he never lost me. I kept up with him. All my STI has is an AccessPort, so maybe I've got 340 HP.

The point: in a straight up drag race, it wouldn't even be close. He would eat my lunch. In "real world" driving, I could hang with him. With less than half the HP. If anything, it made me appreciate the STI even more...

Yah, Porsche's....I would like them more if they didn't spend much of their time trying to kill you. :)

Oh i know lol ive driven a few....dodges and if you think back from the 60's has pretty much been a straight line, balls to the wall line up. The closest vehicle they had that cornered decent was the srt4 neon(i say neon because i never had the opportunity to drive an awd Caliper). It was ehh...in the corners but the torq steer was ungodly.
You cant compare a rally ready sti to a boat like a charger/challenger in the corners. They are fun as hell, and i bet in the straight aways he pulled on you, then came the next corner. But 200+ top speed.......
Thank you sir may I have another :Wedgie::buttkick:

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh i know lol ive driven a few....dodges and if you think back from the 60's has pretty much been a straight line, balls to the wall line up. The closest vehicle they had that cornered decent was the srt4 neon(i say neon because i never had the opportunity to drive an awd Caliper). It was ehh...in the corners but the torq steer was ungodly.
You cant compare a rally ready sti to a boat like a charger/challenger in the corners. They are fun as hell, and i bet in the straight aways he pulled on you, then came the next corner. But 200+ top speed.......
Thank you sir may I have another :Wedgie::buttkick:

Keep in mind these were street roads - so there really weren't that many corners, at least none that would really put the STI to an advantage with the suspension/AWD. That's what amazed me the most - the "arena" wasn't really suited to the STI's advantage. And still I was able to keep up. Honestly though, I could hear his car drop down when he floored it, so I was ready for it. And because we were on public roads, we didn't get too high in top speed. But despite this, the STI was able to keep pace. He would pull away immediately because of the power/tq, but within a second or 2 I was back up to pace with him.

We stopped at one point to get gas, he asked what I had done to the STI. I told him it was essentially stock except for the AccessPort. He said I "drove it well" so I know he was trying to ditch me ;) I appreciated the compliment. I did get an opportunity to ride in his car as well, and holy hell that was an experience. Honestly, the stock Dodge muscle cars from the 60's/70's have nothing on his Hellcat with regard to straight-line.

And I am familiar with older Dodge's and the Neon SRT4 - though I never owned one. What I did have, though, was the ancestor of the Neon SRT4 - an '87 Dodge Shelby CSX. Still have it too :)

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Keep in mind these were street roads - so there really weren't that many corners, at least none that would really put the STI to an advantage with the suspension/AWD. That's what amazed me the most - the "arena" wasn't really suited to the STI's advantage. And still I was able to keep up. Honestly though, I could hear his car drop down when he floored it, so I was ready for it. And because we were on public roads, we didn't get too high in top speed. But despite this, the STI was able to keep pace. He would pull away immediately because of the power/tq, but within a second or 2 I was back up to pace with him.

We stopped at one point to get gas, he asked what I had done to the STI. I told him it was essentially stock except for the AccessPort. He said I "drove it well" so I know he was trying to ditch me ;) I appreciated the compliment. I did get an opportunity to ride in his car as well, and holy hell that was an experience. Honestly, the stock Dodge muscle cars from the 60's/70's have nothing on his Hellcat with regard to straight-line.

And I am familiar with older Dodge's and the Neon SRT4 - though I never owned one. What I did have, though, was the ancestor of the Neon SRT4 - an '87 Dodge Shelby CSX. Still have it too :)

No way! My dad had one...silver with black shelby decals, little bit of work and those things are drag killers! I know the older mopars dont compare to the hellcat its crazy fast.....but soooo much fun lol.

Pics!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No way! My dad had one...silver with black shelby decals, little bit of work and those things are drag killers! I know the older mopars dont compare to the hellcat its crazy fast.....but soooo much fun lol.

Pics!

If it was silver, than it was probably a Dodge model with some Shelby badging/decals on it. Do you remember what model it was? Shadow? Charger? Shelby-Z?

The one I have is one that was actually sold by Carrol Shelby - he bought the cars from Dodge, took them to his factory, re-worked them, and sold them under his name. Mine is #581 out of 750. Here are some old pics of it (like over 10 years old) - I don't have anything current because the car is "stored" at my parents house - I already have the STI and Mustang, no time or room for this guy right now. But I've been getting the itch to maybe do something with it again. It was my first car, and the car I started tinkering with before the Mustang.

left_front_quarter_new_wheels_2008-.jpg

left_side_new_wheels_2008-12-13.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

013.jpg

It doesn't look like much. But if I'm willing to put some time and money in it, I can get over 300 hp from it. Which also doesn't sound like much, until you realize the car weighs like 2700 lbs.

And for those of you that have seen my Mustang dash re-wire thread, this probably looks something like deja vu...

01-04.jpg

Reaction score
Nope not you. to that other guy who said the Z28 is the GT and the SS is the cobra. All im saying is the new z28 is better than the new SS.

Dont be obtuse. For the era of NPI SN95, the Z28 was the equivalent of the GT (in regards to model placement - not performance as we all know LT1/LS1 butt raped 4.6L SOHC, NPI or PI).

And to the other point, during the entirety of 4th gen of the Camaro, SS WAS NOT JUST A GRAPHICS PACKAGE.

Reaction score
So you had a 91 Ford vehicle with a mod engine and your giving us SN95 guys crap? You at out of all people should know the most then. You get a "F" for fail on your test.

Hey humperdink, 'MY' = MODEL YEAR. The rest of your drivel is ranting from someone that has swallowed the big blue weiner to the point where its poking your lungs.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Hey humperdink, 'MY' = MODEL YEAR. The rest of your drivel is ranting from someone that has swallowed the big blue weiner to the point where its poking your lungs.

Next time put a master key so I can decipher your message MR. GM lover! I think you need to be on LS1tech instead of this board. Then you can talk to like minded individuals how awesome the camaro is...

Atleast my ranting has merit because how mod engine started, thanks for correcting a small insignificant fact that has no bearing on the outcome of thread. You get P-nos points. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online