Cheapest 500hp build

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Your factory radiator had plastic end caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea that's what I was talking about. When do you need to upgrade? My aluminum one busted, and I had a plastic one that I threw in it. It should be fine shouldn't it? Or do I need to throw an aluminum back in it?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea that's what I was talking about. When do you need to upgrade? My aluminum one busted, and I had a plastic one that I threw in it. It should be fine shouldn't it? Or do I need to throw an aluminum back in it?

Depends where you live and how hard you push it along with the build. I did aluminum long before I got far into the build but our summers are extremely hot here. With ac on and it being 99° I noticed a cooler average temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Ok so I've finally got everything close to right, but I need new o2 sensors. Don't know much about them, so if anyone could give some insight, I'd appreciate it. Hell if ya wanna just post a link from eBay that'd work too. Seeing as eBay just drained my bank account in one day, what's some o2 sensors gonna do? Hahaha thanks in advance and merry Christmas y'all!

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Also, is there anything special I gotta do after I install the egr delete plate? My check engine light is on I BELIEVE because of the o2 sensor, I figure once I get everything installed, I'd get a tune done. But seeing as it's gonna run me 4 to 5 Hun, I'd rather wait till everything's on it. Nitrous should be in soon so I'm really just waiting on that,o2 sensor, wide band, and egr delete. I went to a performance shop today to talk to them about performance parts, and they wanna charge me over 4g's for an Edelbrock top end kit.... That was their "reasonably priced" suggestion....

Werecow

Reaction score
Pardon me for just jumping in, but for my $0.02? I've got a 94gt that I'm trying to resurrect from a previous mess that it was put thru (long story) it was hacked from an aod to a t5 and I'm disabled so it's hard for me to drive a stick so it's gonna go back to an automatic. Anyhooo.. back to where I was going.. the title of this thread cought my eye as I'm also going for a 500hp goal for my lil pony. I also want something that's not gonna be temperamental or that I have to worry about breaking or kicking out a rod whenever I stomp on the loud pedal. I do plan on beefing up the rear and front suspension to match and a k-member but to the point, I'm planning on a C4 tranny if you look for the right one you can get one that won't bust your wallet too bad with a lifetime warranty that will stand that level of hp. It breaks just send it back they fix it free. Now instead of a small block or a mod motor I'm planning on a big block. You can get a balanced short block for around $1800 with good parts in it, and a good set of aluminum heads for about the same price. With an aluminum intake manifold and moving your battery to the trunk you really aren't changing your weight distribution that much. You don't have to change the rear end to a 9 inch either. An 8.8 will handle a buttload of torque. Ford actually built a big block fox body mustang back in the 80's just to punish their 8.8 rear axle and see what kind of abuse it would take.. If you don't want to buy the short block assembly you can find 460's in the pick'n parts for $400-$800 if you wanna try your hand at doing a build for yourself. These motors can make 450-650hp with ease and not strain or worry about splitting the block or kicking a rod out. Like I said in the beginning, just thought I'd kick in my $0.02.. cheers!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online