Cheapest 500hp build

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Calm down. Is it the passenger side where it meets the transmission tunnel? If so, it’s time to get out a hammer and massage it until it fits.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Calm down. Is it the passenger side where it meets the transmission tunnel? If so, it’s time to get out a hammer and massage it until it fits.
No it's the driver side

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Well it's at tha shop now. Remember the name of this thread, *Cheapest*, and with that being said, I brought it to a guy that can install motors and he hooked up up with a good deal of used motor and install, and he's trying to get the headers. He's done tryed 2 different ones, only problem is, like I said, it's a v6 car with a v8 motor. I think they're from advance, and I don't know the name of them. I'm not a mechanic by no means, and I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I've owned a few mustangs, only this one I'm trying to get some hp out of. So please, bare with me.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Here's tha pic from there website that he sent me
12f478242ad39b89139e807f2036a284.jpg

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
And yes, I DO know how dumb I sound so just know that. Hahahaha

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Don't you need to swap K members when swapping from a V6 to a V8? Would that cause the clearance issue?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never done long tubes but if I am not mistaken the motor needs to be raised a bit, or the k lowered a bit to get them in if the motor is already in place? Other than that the only problem I can see if that a lot of people think its all a 302 and then he might have ordered fox body style headers which are slightly different from 93-94.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I don't think it's hitting the suspension, I think it's the firewall.

I wasn't referring to hitting the suspension. If the k members are different then the engine will be in the wrong place. Which will cause things to hit when they shouldn't.
I have never done long tubes but if I am not mistaken the motor needs to be raised a bit, or the k lowered a bit to get them in if the motor is already in place? Other than that the only problem I can see if that a lot of people think its all a 302 and then he might have ordered fox body style headers which are slightly different from 93-94.
I know for mod motors it's best to drop the k member completely.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Can you just lower a k or do you need to buy a different one?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can you just lower a k or do you need to buy a different one?

Someone with long tubes will be better to answer, but I thought it was just in the way while mounting it. I thought you just needed a couple of extra inches while it was going in/out and then it was fine.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So let’s slow down a bit.

First, v6 cars are the exact same car as gt’s. The main differences are the harnesses, the rear end, and the k member. The v6 k member is the same as the mod motor cars but it’s not the same as the 5.0 pushrod cars. You need to make sure your using a k member specifically for a pushrod.

2nd, long tubes suck ass to install on anything. Plenty of times motors gotta be broke loose from the mounts to get them in and even then some times you need a bfh to make them fit.

And fox headers should fit the same. The main difference between the fox headers and the sn’s are the placement of the egr bung. That’s why several companies have headers listed for 87-95 gt

Take a step back and evaluate what you have to make sure it’s all meant to be going in that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
So let’s slow down a bit.

First, v6 cars are the exact same car as gt’s. The main differences are the harnesses, the rear end, and the k member. The v6 k member is the same as the mod motor cars but it’s not the same as the 5.0 pushrod cars. You need to make sure your using a k member specifically for a pushrod.

2nd, long tubes suck ass to install on anything. Plenty of times motors gotta be broke loose from the mounts to get them in and even then some times you need a bfh to make them fit.

And fox headers should fit the same. The main difference between the fox headers and the sn’s are the placement of the egr bung. That’s why several companies have headers listed for 87-95 gt

Take a step back and evaluate what you have to make sure it’s all meant to be going in that car.

So basically I need to replace the k member with one to fit a 5.0?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a 5.0 k for sale. Still brand new never installed. Team Z. You’d have to get tubular a arms though.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
I’ve got a 5.0 k for sale. Still brand new never installed. Team Z. You’d have to get tubular a arms though.

Well what do ya want for it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online