Evilgt's road racer build thread. aka the tractor

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Got the car cleaned up. She was pretty dirty from last weekends race. Took forever to get the brake dust off the wheels. Still need some bug and tar remover to get the rubber off of the rear 1/4s.

RichV

Reaction score
If some pop up they are yours buddy

What do you think about the SVE "drift" wheels? Saw that they make them for the SN95 and the S197. We should both get them for the silver cars.

kyle

They're pretty cool. If they made them in 17x9.5 I'd get a set for #71.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey man, I created a spreadsheet a little while back to help me with point assessments in Time Trails for NASA. I posted a link to the spreadsheet here in my thread:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...ce-Auto-X-er&p=1240196&viewfull=1#post1240196

It helped me wrap my head around what mods I could do/could not do and what point assessments I would get from them. I did this based on the 2013 rule set, I haven't looked at the 2014 rules yet. If they didn't really change anything then the spreadsheet is still good.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think about the SVE "drift" wheels? Saw that they make them for the SN95 and the S197. We should both get them for the silver cars.

kyle

Enkei RPF-1. 15 lbs for a 17x9. Yes please ;) The larger diameter for the S197 will weigh more of course, but still be relatively light.

wmfateam

Reaction score
My 18x9.5 RPF1's with 275/35 18's come in at 43lbs. Have not weighed them without tires though.

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Hey man, I created a spreadsheet a little while back to help me with point assessments in Time Trails for NASA. I posted a link to the spreadsheet here in my thread:

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...ce-Auto-X-er&p=1240196&viewfull=1#post1240196

It helped me wrap my head around what mods I could do/could not do and what point assessments I would get from them. I did this based on the 2013 rule set, I haven't looked at the 2014 rules yet. If they didn't really change anything then the spreadsheet is still good.

you get that idea from Ken Brewer? Ken is a cool dude. Have had way to many drinks with him and his wife at Hallet over the years.

Very helpful indeed.

kyle

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you get that idea from Ken Brewer? Ken is a cool dude. Have had way to many drinks with him and his wife at Hallet over the years.

Very helpful indeed.

kyle

I did. I had wanted to do something like that, was poking around on the NASA site (or emailed someone, don't remember). Anyway, Ken ended up sending me an Excel file he had. I saw it and said "now this is what I was thinking about!" So I took what he sent me, and reworked it quite a bit. I added in a lot of calculations, re-organized a good portion, made it more user friendly, etc. etc. and then sent it back to him, saying "look what I did, feel free to use any portion of what I did in your final version." I'm not sure if he used any of it honestly. However, since I got the original from him, you'll notice in the credits that I listed his name first. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, and I like what he did. However, I like what I did better, so it's the one I use ;)

I never met him, but he seemed like a pretty cool dude (at least what I could tell via emails).

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
So last weekend was fun. Managed to knock a few seconds off of my lap times at a track that kicks my ass every time.

Had to skip out of the last two sessions as I ran out of fuel and brake pads.

During the third session on Sunday on about the 4th lap coming into turn three the brakes started to fade something fierce. The car was slowing down but not nearly quick enough. So I shut her down and came off of track early.

After I got back to my pit area I inspected the brakes and found less than 1mm of pad left. Rich warned me about the Hawk pads wearing through the last 30% quickly so I was prepared for this.

This off season the plan is to replace the front rotors and pads. Going to use Hawk as they give us Hawk bucks to purchase new pads etc in Time trials.

Then replace the rear pads as the Napa ceramic didnt even last three weekends of open track abuse.

Going to get some sway bars. not sure on brand or size yet. I have decided that I would like to still drive the car on the street so instead of going with huge spring rates I am trying sway bars to control roll and tune the suspension.

Then control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, end links and steering rack bushings.

A decent seat or pair of seats is probably coming after the brakes are sorted. Sliding around in the factory leather power seat is the pits.

I would love to add some other goodies to mix but this should keep me busy and fit into the budget.

I will take pics and update as progress is made.

kyle

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Not much to ad. Been busy with work.

I did however move the rear spoiler back. I like it. Most people cant see the difference.

Before.

During.

After

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Just ordered up new brake pads. Hawk blues for the street. Got a great deal as we have a whole sale account through Tire rack.

I had to get them as the Dodge is giving me fits and I have been driving the 00 daily. Bummer.

I had planned on switching to the Willwood caliper and 13inch Cobra rotors. Just another set back. lol. Oh well it is what it is.

Found a guy selling some used MM stuff and Tokico's off of his race car. Hoping to at least get the CC plates and PHB from him.

kyle

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
So I have had this Jeep ZJ for over a year that I got as trade for installing a new motor into a dudes WRX.

Just another set back and more projects. lol. Its pretty straight other than the driver side seat being trashed and the trans slipping.

It may get worked on before the 00. But hey gotta keep the wife happy. lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Hawk blues for the street?!? Weren't the blues their hardcore race compound before the DTC series came out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online