Open for suggestions - Centrifical or Roots Blower

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont have neither charger on my car, but from what I read, people put a centri on their car because it was their daily driver and they didnt want to the boost all the time so they wouldnt "Get in trouble" or so to say. Me, I'd rather have instant boost, but I know I'll be roastin the tires at every stop sign so if I go with a blower it would be centri. I have no goddamn clue what Im talking about at all. Sorry lol

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
With a vortech its a hell of a ride when your in it. It builds boost making it fill stronger but you have to be on the gas to hit boost. A roots blower is like hitting nitrious.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Fets said:
I dont have neither charger on my car, but from what I read, people put a centri on their car because it was their daily driver and they didnt want to the boost all the time so they wouldnt "Get in trouble" or so to say. Me, I'd rather have instant boost, but I know I'll be roastin the tires at every stop sign so if I go with a blower it would be centri. I have no goddamn clue what Im talking about at all. Sorry lol

I appreciate you coming out and saying that cause i felt as you were not making sense... :gtfo:

Im just kidding, so do you know what it may feel like??

CanaryGT

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
With a vortech its a hell of a ride when your in it. It builds boost making it fill stronger but you have to be on the gas to hit boost. A roots blower is like hitting nitrious.

Sounds fun to me ;D

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So is crack..... but that doesn't stop me!!!!

:noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes:

CanaryGT

Reaction score
:rollinglaugh:

Yeah, Hopefully Ill get the blower soon... Im the guy who likes to lay into it at a light but im sad when my car falls on its face because of the lack of HP... Hopefully a blower will lift my spirits... Also, do you have any vids of a T-Trim in a SN95? Im just askin cause I want to know how loud they are...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
The reason why im goin T-Trim is because of the head room for a bigger blown application... I mean, if I can get a great deal on it, its worth it. I just hear they may be a tincy bit loud...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
When I get it in ill shoot a video with a good camera.... The kit Im possibly getting also have a BOV for it... im kinda interested to see how it all works out... and how it will hear... I dunno what it is but that V8 With a loud blower whine gives me a chub...

OP
OP

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Thanks Fets. I might just pull my motor back out this winter and put all forged parts in the lower end.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Last time i checked KB doesn't offer a direct swap kit for 96-98 with PI heads...a few guys have done it but it took some creativitey on the installers part to make it perfect. Thats one of the reason i picked up the FRPP Roots Blower for PI heads...its a direct swap.

OP
OP

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Is that what you are running now a FRPP blower with PI heads? If so, how do you like that setup?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its a good setup, i only had the blower on for about 10 miles and cruised it very easily because the tune that came with the blower is shit and with the high compression i was afraid of messing something up...I now have it all apart and picked up some blower cams and forged pistons/rods/crank etc so i can push it hard and not worry...This blower is great for the street but its definately not a full boogy race blower. I would estimate cracking 425-450 rwhp would be its max @ 10-12 psi but if i ever need more then that i could just use a small shot of juice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online