Ultimate Budget 2v Motor

d.garza18

Reaction score
Love it man! Can’t wait to build me a little motor similar to yours. Saw your videos on YouTube would love to see a more detailed video on the car etc man.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Love it man! Can’t wait to build me a little motor similar to yours. Saw your videos on YouTube would love to see a more detailed video on the car etc man.

Thanks man, Yeah I will get a vid out soon with all the details surrounding the car. My car build thread is linked below but is quite a few pages long now and makes it difficult to sit down and read the whole thing lol

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Update on the budget 2v engine. Still holding up perfect. Oh and now its turbo'd. Making upper 500whp and is getting a workout often.

nRpqP7s.jpg

S06v1tN.jpg

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That curve is beautiful!!!!!!

What did it make on the supercharged setup?

Is their anymore there or do you think that’s it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
That curve is beautiful!!!!!!

What did it make on the supercharged setup?

Is their anymore there or do you think that’s it??

It did 518 and 440tq on the blower. 574 and 560tq with the turbo and same boost level. I did switch to e85 tho. There should be plenty more on the table. Needs some better valve springs and turbo spec'd cam. Would also like to go with a 4" downpipe and bigger maf housing, was on the edge of maxing it otherwise might have went up a couple more lbs of boost.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Better valves springs was my exact thought after looking at that dyno curve. Id say you still have alot left on the table. Great results mang!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Just for the sake of more information into this thread, I’ve talked a lot with Nick (98snakehorse) and I will be building an identical bottom end to his. Stock crank, Boss rods, Mahle 16cc powerpak pistons, ARP mains, and king main bearings. Mine will be boosted with a vortech V2 s-trim. I’ll add a little info when I start going through my build which should be soon

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Will hopefully have a good update on the budget 2v motor for next season. My friend purchased it in 2020 and plans to get it installed over this winter. Will be getting a 200+ shot of nitrous to it. Curious to see how well it takes it. So far it has had 15+lbs of boost from a vortech blower and then 18+ lbs of boost from a precision turbo. Long live the 2v

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online