What would you choose douche bags??

Bluesn95

Reaction score
I would go with the cobra. Everyone has a new edge and the cobras kill especially with the tumble port style mach 1 heads and 4.30 gearz. That combo would kill a new edge. Heck, my car kills a 01 gt. Its been 13.83 once on streets. Usually runs a 14.3. But anyways go with a cobra. 4v are sick. I love my car but I'd trade my car n a sec 4 a cobra. If I knew the difference between a cobra and a GT when I bought mine I wouldn't have setteled 4 anything less than a cobra.

S

scarface

quickstang_1994 said:
The edger cobra's sucked even after the recall they had problem beating the new edge GT's.
Im sorry but that is a stupid statement. what facts do you have to back that up? I walk the dog on GTs with the same mods. post fix, there is quite a bit of HP difference in the edger GTs and the edger cobras.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
I done the recalls on them in 99 and 00 and they would not even come close to dynoing what ford said. That is also way there are skips in years. With aftermaket parts it can be fixed. Its not a stupid statement just true.

S

scarface

so what you are saying is by having the fix done, and adding exhaust and an intake, I made leaps and bounds in HP? I just cant see a 2v making 245ish to the wheels outrunning a 4v making 275+ to the wheels?

In your opinion what mods need to be done to the 99 cobras to make them compete with the 01?

Im pretty sure I remember you being a tech, but how many ford dealerships have a dyno? you did the fix then did a dyno? I doubt it, I think you just jumped on the hater bandwagon like most people did to the 99s after all the recall.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scarface said:
so what you are saying is by having the fix done, and adding exhaust and an intake, I made leaps and bounds in HP? I just cant see a 2v making 245ish to the wheels outrunning a 4v making 275+ to the wheels?

In your opinion what mods need to be done to the 99 cobras to make them compete with the 01?

Im pretty sure I remember you being a tech, but how many ford dealerships have a dyno? you did the fix then did a dyno? I doubt it, I think you just jumped on the hater bandwagon like most people did to the 99s after all the recall.
No, not on the bandwagon.I personally new most of the stangers that came in and we dynoed a couple, FMC bought in a portable dyno at the svt meeting when the recall first come out. They show this in dealer world magazine. There is a number of things that slow down the car not just horse power numbers. Rear gear even though they are the same a cobra needs more gear. And the irs is not the best. And if I remember a pre fix they dynoed around 240-250 some less some more.

S

scarface

well I guess mines a freak? I dynod post fix at 275. oh well, I guess it doesnt matter what it does stock, mines not stock, and isnt 250 hp. Thanks for the info and chat though.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scarface said:
well I guess mines a freak? I dynod post fix at 275. oh well, I guess it doesnt matter what it does stock, mines not stock, and isnt 250 hp. Thanks for the info and chat though.
And I did see up to 280's pre fix. It took a full weekend but all expenses where paid for.

S

scarface

quickstang_1994 said:
scarface said:
And I did see up to 280's pre fix. It took a full weekend but all expenses where paid for.
well my whole arguement went on the statement
quickstang_1994 said:
The edger cobra's sucked even after the recall they had problem beating the new edge GT's.

pre fix they may have had the same HP, but post fix, I cant see the gearing cause them to lose to a gt. We all agree pre fix they sucked. I have full exhaust, and intake. If you take an edger gt, and an edger cobra(post fix) with the same mods and the same driver, the Cobra will come out on top every time.

BTW, thats sounds like it was a fun weekend...must be wierd to see the variation in all the same model cars.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Yes, but you will be surpised about how many were still around 260. I was saying over all. That is why I take the car to the track before buying I hate turning up on the losing end(modding just to break even)

S

scarface

quickstang_1994 said:
Yes, but you will be surpised about how many were still around 260. I was saying over all. That is why I take the car to the track before buying I hate turning up on the losing end(modding just to break even)
I guess I just got lucky, although I have read most are around my HP after the fix. I would imagine I am over 300 now, although I havent dynoed. Since we have shit all over this thread...lol PM me a list of parts in your mind that would need to be replaced to be comparible to a 01 cobra. I have replaced or in the process of replacing.."the fix"is done,tuner,exhaust, intake, MAF, went to a solid rear w 4:10 gears.

S

scarface

quickstang_1994 said:
01's are the same. They finish out that style with left overs until 03 terminators.
so wait, you are saying the 01s get outrun by gts too? they never had 'the fix" issue?

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
scarface said:
quickstang_1994 said:
I guess I just got lucky, although I have read most are around my HP after the fix. I would imagine I am over 300 now, although I havent dynoed. Since we have shit all over this thread...lol PM me a list of parts in your mind that would need to be replaced to be comparible to a 01 cobra. I have replaced or in the process of replacing.."the fix"is done,tuner,exhaust, intake, MAF, went to a solid rear w 4:10 gears.

You didnt do that yet, trust me

S

scarface

WyoTechMSA said:
scarface said:
quickstang_1994 said:

You didnt do that yet, trust me
et with the program man...this is what it says " I have replaced or in the process of replacing.."the fix"is done,tuner,exhaust, intake, MAF, went to a solid rear w 4:10 gears."

as much money as I have invested in it now, it is on the process...lol

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
went to a solid rear w 4:10 gears."

You didnt do THAT yet. It is in the workings

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
a search on goggle will give you all kinds of articles on the " fix " I would guess i read 2 dozen of them BEFORE I got this 99 I have now. A few of them will focus on ONE car, and show before DYNO numbers + Track numbers, then after the FIX numbers dyno/track. Mine had the fix, I know because I called the 800 SVT number to verify the fix had been done. I did this and then later that same week took it to Wayne's Dyno in Jacksonville NC for the STOCK baseline run..... 272hp and 280tq, with the loss thru the drivetrain I'm right at the 320 HP rating. I never came across a Cobra without the fix, but from all the things I have read they were in the neighborhood of being 30+hp down from the advertised power production.

Just for reference the Mach 4 valves make a little more power than the 99 and 01 Cobra 4 valves, and quite a bit more tq. Again do a search you will get all kinds of good info :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online