White's '95 GT "Unicorn"

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
do you think it came that way or happened while you were driving? Seems like if it came that way you would have noticed sooner?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Show me where the coyote freeze plug is.

Edit: freeze plug in the block. I know about the two in the back of the heads.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Neat little tidbit, freeze plugs are actually casting plugs. The holes are there for positioning the block when it is cast, then the plug is put in later. I think it’s just added bonus that it’s the first thing to pop if it freezes.

d.garza18

Reaction score
Decided to put the car on jack stands last night to address a few tasks today. My intention was to add another degree to my pinion angle, replace the fuel hat seal and install the exhaust clamp/hangers. Started the car, pulled it up on blocks and started to jack the rear by the TA. While I was placing the jack stands, I noticed a few puddles of water and was immediately worried.

View attachment 9513

My initial search proved inconclusive and I couldn’t find any leaks. Shined the light under the intake and found a significant amount of water. This had me sick! I couldn’t bring myself to chase this further and went inside for the night.

View attachment 9512

Knowing that something was very wrong, I took my sweet time this morning before I started to dig into the engine. After I worked up the never I started to pull things apart.

View attachment 9518 View attachment 9519

It didn’t take me long to find the source of the leak. There is a cracked water passage above the #2 piston. Pulled the dipstick and the oil looked mint. Thank God for that.

View attachment 9514 View attachment 9516 View attachment 9515 View attachment 9517

For those who know the history, they know why this is so devastating to me and they’d understand why my initial notion was to part the car out.

That just isn’t going to happen!

The plan is to move the rotating assembly to a new block but with 12.5:1 pistons. I have never missed an opportunity to upgrade something in the face of tragedy and this is no exception.

Stay tuned!!
Damn sorry man!! Are you located on Texas? It got really cold last week here and I’ve been so concerned that maybe my block has a crack because of it. But fingers crossed. Anyways, best of luck moving forward with it, looking forward to it!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Damn sorry man!! Are you located on Texas? It got really cold last week here and I’ve been so concerned that maybe my block has a crack because of it. But fingers crossed. Anyways, best of luck moving forward with it, looking forward to it!

Im next door in Louisiana

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I might just have him build me a set out of these depo projectors or see if my old black beauties can be saved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online