X or H?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure my dad's gonna let me change my midpipe. I got Mac Pro Dumps.. Thinkin about gettin an O/R H? Although an o/r x might be louder idk? I like the sound of my bros 91 fox with an o/r H and dumped flow 40 (original 2 chambers). Thinkin about getting the MAC O/r H. Should be louder than my bros fox lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you like the sound of the H with chambered mufflers then that's what you should get. Just be ready for some major drone.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I like how that sounds lol. I already have drone with just the mac pro dumps, eventually I'd like to add tailpipes

Slykin

Reaction score
I've actually never owned an H on my 5.0... I like my O/R X, but I also like the sound of H's on 5.0's.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lol I can't decide.
Twista had Mac pro dumps and an O/R H I think. Hopefully he'll chime in

Burninrock24

Reaction score
I haven't owned an H, but I absolutely love my catted X with SLP LM2s. So one vote for X.

Everything I've ever heard ever about X vs. H is that the H is deeper or has more "burble" to it if you will. The X translates more of the engine noise and can end up raspy and loud. Mine is catted so it gets rid of a little rasp, and the LM2s sheds off the rest. I think it's the best combo for a small V8.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol all i'm saying is if you think you have drone now you have no idea what you're in for with an offroad midpipe.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Do X's give less drone than H's? My sisters boyfriends V6 s197 has true duals, x pipe and pype bombs (muffler deletes). Thing had a ton of drone and raspyness before going from single exhaust with a Y to dual with the X. The X made is sound cleaner and honestly the drone was close to gone. I haven't heard Mac Pro Dumps with an O/R X though. Idk how it'll sound

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
H is deeper and X has more of an aggressive raspy tone.

It's all preference at this point.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can really compare a V6 in a different body style to our V8s, droning is just something they do. and offroad midpipes with dumped mufflers is as bad as it can be. I'm not really sure it matters whether you have an X or H though.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The first step to getting rid of your droning issues is to put your tailpipes back on.

The mid-pipe won't do anything.

chris91

Reaction score
My old 94 had Pro Dumps on it but it had the Mac Prochamber on it. Car sounded soooooo damn good. I have the Prochamber on my 99 and it too sounds wicked. Everyone thats heard it in person loves the way it sounds.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I will eventually get tails again. I wasn't comparing the s197 V6 to our sn95s, was just curious as to if the x pipe fixed that drone on that car it might here too lol. Prochambers sound sick, but they're a little to pricey for me right now. Wheres a good place to get one for a decent price? A prochamber would be a lot louder than the stock catted h right?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna go with an offroad X. I love raspy sounding exhausts
Edit- Gonna go with a bbk offroad H. Cheaper an I think with the mac mufflers the H pipe should sound sick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online