X or H?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wit flow 40s right? Mac mufflers are a little deeper sounding than flow 40s, a little more aggressive imo. Does your exhaust sound blatty or raspy and aggressive?

TanTop94

Reaction score
Yes, and I think an xpipe would go great with your car as it would add the raspy and aggressiveness to your already deep sounding exhaust. Hpipe would add to the deepness but I just love the way my x sounds:eek:

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ill try to put a better video up. On a cold start I swear you can hear my stock cam in the car with this exhaust...unless my x is just that good at making it raspy. No lope but just a sound that will make you cum lmao!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lmao I heard it on the start up. I can't decide between the X or H. The car will be getting tailpipes put backmon eventually.

chris91

Reaction score
I will eventually get tails again. I wasn't comparing the s197 V6 to our sn95s, was just curious as to if the x pipe fixed that drone on that car it might here too lol. Prochambers sound sick, but they're a little to pricey for me right now. Wheres a good place to get one for a decent price? A prochamber would be a lot louder than the stock catted h right?

Yeah they are pricey but WELL worth it. Search over on Corral for a used one. You can usually find em used for a good price. I've actually had them on 4 of my 6 Mustangs and all four of them sounded amazing. Two 5.0's and two 4.6's. I've never owned a Mustang with cats on it so I dont know how much louder hey would be. I do know they arent as loud as having a H Pipe though. The drone is completely tolerable with them plus you dont get that raspy, truck sound on deceleration with them.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
But you have a modular. Like I said 5.0 needs H, modular needs X.

not sure i can agree with this, i think a lot depends on the mufflers. i ran an H pipe on my car once, I didn't really care for the sound. I just ordered a catted X to compliment my Stingers, pretty sure it's going to sound sick.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
^Thanks for the heads up lol. Hmm. I think it'll be worth the extra drone

You think so now until it drives you nuts after awhile. Two things I'll never do again.

1. Use chambered mufflers.

2. Run a mid pipe w/ no cats.

Maybe thats your thing but I think Mac / Any chambered muffler sounds like crap.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You think so now until it drives you nuts after awhile. Two things I'll never do again.

1. Use chambered mufflers.

2. Run a mid pipe w/ no cats.

Maybe thats your thing but I think Mac / Any chambered muffler sounds like crap.

I like the sound of straight thru muffs and chambered. That's why theirs both so you can pick what you like lol. I think my MAC's make my stock 5.0 sound pretty nice, has a nice deep tone and sounds ridiculous at WOT.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I think chambered mufflers sound raspy and like marbles in a can. To me this sounds throaty.

[video=youtube;cBTIApMbhO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBTIApMbhO0&feature=share&list=PLDF91C2277 3E37A14[/video]

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2gzdDJNQNHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gzdDJNQNHw&feature=share&list=PLDF91C2277 3E37A14[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online