Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
........[emoji1786]
b974bed1a401944dbc12dddf962dfc2a.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Factory mustangs, camaros, challengers, chargers, and a few others are all int the 450hp range from the factory. Makes our cars kind of irrelevant until you hit the 500hp mark.

If I wasn’t so in with love my car and if I wasn’t obsessed with the sound and torque that a big cube pushrod makes then I’d of parted it out a long time ago and would have a new 19 now. And that’s not to say I won’t own a 19 or newer one day but I’m still a die hard fan of big cubic inch motors and the low end guy wrenching torque. Mod motors will never make the same sound or low end torque cause there is no blocks that can make the same cubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find me a 330cuin gasoline naturally aspirated engine that is 300rwtq off idle

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TT94SVT

Reaction score
Cheapest if you have mechanical ability. There are several no name companies that make a turbo header, ARP STUDS!, Megasquirt (don’t even bother with the quarter horse), 42lb oem style injector, universal intercooler piping, cheap 450lph or 525lph In tank hellcat pump with bigger line, valve springs. Don’t put a sticky tire on it keep the timing low and feed it with boost.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Ssssssooooo add a 0?!?!?

So it's me again. Cars about to be back on the road. FINALLY. Now I'm looking into a nitrous system. Maybe a 100 shot. Curious of what you think, and what kit you suggest.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
Factory mustangs, camaros, challengers, chargers, and a few others are all int the 450hp range from the factory. Makes our cars kind of irrelevant until you hit the 500hp mark.

If I wasn’t so in with love my car and if I wasn’t obsessed with the sound and torque that a big cube pushrod makes then I’d of parted it out a long time ago and would have a new 19 now. And that’s not to say I won’t own a 19 or newer one day but I’m still a die hard fan of big cubic inch motors and the low end guy wrenching torque. Mod motors will never make the same sound or low end torque cause there is no blocks that can make the same cubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This guy....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think he meant to say "single guy wrenching torque". We all know the grip of a single dude is stronger then one thats dating, but the same as a married man......

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
...sssooo about which intake manifold y'all suggest I should go with....

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
...sssooo about which intake manifold y'all suggest I should go with....

If you're talking about upgrading from a stock 5.0 manifold I'd look toward a TFS track heat, Holley Systemax 2, Edelbrock Performer RPM or simply find an Explorer intake. You'll be RPM restricted by the E7 heads/cam combo but can find some wiggle room by switching to 1.7 rockers.

Look @evilcw311, I still remember stuff!!

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
If you're talking about upgrading from a stock 5.0 manifold I'd look toward a TFS track heat, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley Systemax 2, or simply find an Explorer intake.
Is there anything I need to change? Or is it simple swap, bolt on?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You will have to buy a throttle body adapter or swap over to a fox style throttle body, which means a new cold air intake. You will also run leaner than before so a tune will be necessary. You will have to tune anyway with the N20. I believe the stock fuel rails will work with any of those intakes. Otherwise, it's a direct bolt.

edl-3835_3507.jpg

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
You will have to buy a throttle body adapter or swap over to a fox style throttle body, which means a new cold air intake. You will also run leaner than before so a tune will be necessary. You will have to tune anyway with the N20. I believe the stock fuel rails will work with any of those intakes. Otherwise, it's a direct bolt.

edl-3835_3507.jpg
Well I got a bigger throttle body on it already and an aftermarket cold air intake aswell

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Well I got a bigger throttle body on it already and an aftermarket cold air intake aswell

Most, if not all, of the throttle body adapters work with up to 75mm throttle bodies. That will be large enough for anything you throw at it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't be afraid to check out a nice cheap gt40 intake. You would need the adapter elbow as well but its cheaper than the aftermarket intakes. Not as good performance wise but only by a slight margin.

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
So now I'm running into a new problem. The headers I ordered, there's not enough space to fit in. It's a v6 car with a 5.0 in it. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
I

Itsaiight5.0

Reaction score
If anyone has an answer as to what headers are needed. I thought the cars were the same frames but I guess not. The headers that were ordered were hitting the firewall, and now I got another week to be depressed waiting on the new ones.... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Staff online