Ferocious' 1996 GT Build Thread

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said I don't dislike the entire car there are certain things that aren't my style, I'm not mad at all lol I stick around hoping maybe one day you go back in the right direction, well that and the fact that I'm only in here on my phone and I only see the things I've previously commented on

That's fine, the build isn't for everyone. In fact, it's not for the majority of mustang owners. They're used to standard american muscle wheels, superchargers, and bragging about quarter mile times. But there are a few individuals who enjoy the fúck out of this build so I keep on doing me. I'm sure you'll think the next couple of mods are in the "right direction" as they are a cobra brake kit and 6 point roll cage. Although I know someone will be bound to pull the "why are you putting a full cage in a street car". Whatevs :justinschmidt:

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Keep doing you. I personally am very sick of seeing every other mustang with (insert cheap replica wheels) and flowmasters rolling around town. Unique is good. I wish I had the balls to do some of the shit you do to your car hahah :thumbsup:

neverenuff

Reaction score
New floor mats are awesome, and that shifter.. that is cool, I've never seen anything like that. Are you planning on going to Knotts Berry Farm?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've still been following this but haven't commented in a while. The car has still kept the general theme going of thinking outside the box. I looooooove the interior. From the pictures you post it looks to be in great condition and the different aspects of it all come together to tie the theme in very nicely. I particularly like the shifter and boot, that's pretty cool. Moving to the outside...as a general statement..it still looks good. However I'm not a fan of the wing. In my opinion the best the car has ever looked was slammed down on the Cobra wheels, S281 wing, and the original front splitter/rear diffuser combo. Again not knocking its current state, it's just not my style but respect is due for taking the car in the direction you have, it's not for most.

These have to be my favorite pictures of your car:

887d3be46f8384414a6a63e5bad0de95.jpg

30c5606eb6a8aa9ce503949fa918d30c.jpg

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Caleb I think you're the only one who liked the plywood splitter that much LOL.

Looking back at it, the car really did look good back then and it appealed to people. But that's part of the problem. I have since stopped building a car to please others and built a car that is entirely me. From the bikini anime girls to a 6 foot wing to a controversial license plate. I've honestly never had so much fun building a car and having strangers come up and talk to me about the car than these past few months.

New floor mats are awesome, and that shifter.. that is cool, I've never seen anything like that. Are you planning on going to Knotts Berry Farm?

Thanks man! Appreciate it. And of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Favorite show of the year!

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That's fine, the build isn't for everyone. In fact, it's not for the majority of mustang owners. They're used to standard american muscle wheels, superchargers, and bragging about quarter mile times. But there are a few individuals who enjoy the fúck out of this build so I keep on doing me. I'm sure you'll think the next couple of mods are in the "right direction" as they are a cobra brake kit and 6 point roll cage. Although I know someone will be bound to pull the "why are you putting a full cage in a street car". Whatevs :justinschmidt:

i hate when people criticize someone for putting a cage in a street car. if you bump your head in a car with a cage, i think you have bigger problems than a cage in a street car. if you are in an accident and go up, youre effed with or without a roll cage.....

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Nailed it on the new end plates

Are they pretty stable when driving or do they wobble around?

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nailed it on the new end plates

Are they pretty stable when driving or do they wobble around?

The very bottom of them is the part that wobbles the most. My friend followed me for about an hour & a half drive this past weekend and said "you can tell they wobble a little but not to the point where the person behind you would think they'd fall off". I'm contemplating what I should do to reinforce them. I'm not too sure I want support rods supporting them at an angle because it would look weird. I've thought about making a parallel support of metal and painting it black then riveting the end plate to that down the side. Something thin, like 1/2" metal or so, T-shaped support. Hope you can kind of picture that.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Keep doing you. I personally am very sick of seeing every other mustang with (insert cheap replica wheels) and flowmasters rolling around town. Unique is good. I wish I had the balls to do some of the shit you do to your car hahah :thumbsup:

So essentially you're hating on almost every mustang out there. I have SLPs, but i also have cobra reps. What wheels should i go with that haven't been done? or played out.

I hate those damn guys and their replica wheels....

I know right, lol.:eek:ccasion14:

Looking back at it, the car really did look good back then and it appealed to people. But that's part of the problem. I have since stopped building a car to please others and built a car that is entirely me. From the bikini anime girls to a 6 foot wing to a controversial license plate. I've honestly never had so much fun building a car and having strangers come up and talk to me about the car than these past few months.

By definition, that's building a car to please people. Deep down you know that's what you're doing. Doing the most ridiculous shit you can, to avoid the mustang owner stereotype. Keep it goin' i guess, idk lol

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No one's hating man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone's car is cool in their own way. Life's too short to worry about what people think of you or your car. Can't we just grab a 40, kick back, and enjoy cars? :cool:

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What is the thickness of the end plates?
A thicker material could make a difference.

Could also design some sort of ribbing that doesn't stick out. I put ribs on my irrigation side plates and a little rib makes a big difference.

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What is the thickness of the end plates?
A thicker material could make a difference.

Don't know off the top of my head but they're not super thick.
Could also design some sort of ribbing that doesn't stick out. I put ribs on my irrigation side plates and a little rib makes a big difference.

Explain.. I'm no engineer. :(

The only ribs I know come with barbecue sauce.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
youll notice most new trucks have a ridge in the middle of their tail gates. This is just a rib, intended to increase rigidity through the entire tail gate. Essentially you would be adding ribbed material to the inside of the winglets to add rigidity.

OP
OP
Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, ok. I'm starting to understand. Now I guess my next questions is, how would I go about "ribbing" it? Start from scratch? Can I use what I already have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online