RedCarFrontQuarter.jpg

RedCarRearQurter.jpg

RedCarLeft.jpg

RedCarInterior.jpg

RedCarGlassRoof.jpg

RedCarFront.jpg

RedCarBrakes.jpg

RecordCarNav.jpg

2011 Mustang GT Premium. 3,900 miles, bought from a guy locally. Every single factory option except the Shaker stereo. Saw it on Autotrader on Wednesday night. Bought it last night.
- Brembos
- 3.73s
- Navigation & SYNC
- Leather with accents
- Body Kit
- 19" Wheels
- Driver and Passenger Power Heated Seats
- Glass Roof
- Dual Zone A/C
- Anti-Theft
- HIDs

Original sticker was $42,650. I paid $36,000 private party with NO TAX! (or other BS dealer fees) :mrgreen:

Bought it last night and drove it around a bit.

The goods:
- Fucking awesome
- Fucking fast (relatively speaking)
- Rides nice
- Lots of gadgets I don't know how to use
- Glass roof is awesome
- Quiet, comfortable, and simultaneously fast
- Fucking awesome

The bads:
- Plastic is nicer in my Honda
- Doors close better in my Honda
- Parts of the driver compartment that touch your body are nicer in the Honda
- 15 MPG
- $600 tags are hard to swallow
- Cupholder is effectively useless if you have a manual transmission and need to shift
- Car payment
- Not crazy about the tape stripes or hood scoop

Paul.

blkmcnasty

Reaction score
I think you are the first one from this site to make this jump! Looks really nice and I'm sure its just as fun to drive. I always thought you were going to get the Laguna Seca edition tho???

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What color is that? I cant really tell in the pictures whether its red or orange.
Amazing car nonetheless. The new 5.0's are quite something, to say the least.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I thought about getting a Boss. In fact, there was one online for $38,500 that I seriously considered, but it was not a Laguna Seca. After thinking about it, I think all the creature comforts of this thing are more in line with what I'm going to use the car for. I was also considering buying a 2013 GT500 because 662 hp appeals to me. :p However, that would've been about $70K after dealer markup, tax, delivery, etc. I can't afford that just yet. I'm going to drive this car, mod it, and have a blast with it for a few years. Then, perhaps I'll get one of those GT500s. :)

I need to start researching mods for this thing now. I know I want a CAI, Boss intake, and perhaps some GT500 mufflers. Maybe shocks/struts/springs too. And a tune. And different wheels. (I love the 2013 GT500 wheels)

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
What color is that? I cant really tell in the pictures whether its red or orange.
Amazing car nonetheless. The new 5.0's are quite something, to say the least.

It looks orange in the pic, but it's just the camera and the sunlight. It's race red.

Paul.

Slykin

Reaction score
I think I would have left off the stripes/window louvers/spoiler, but i'm still jealous haha. Nice ride.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I think I would have left off the stripes/window louvers/spoiler, but i'm still jealous haha. Nice ride.

Yep. If I were to order this thing new, I think I'd do the same. I'm thinking maybe a GT500 hood or California Special hood someday. I'm going to ask my detailer if he can pull those stripes off without damaging anything.

Paul.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
nice! yeah I don't like the hood scoop either, other than that hope to see it on the street.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
nice ride Paul, congrats.

Now ditched the louvers and stripes..

get a boss intake, lower it, get a saleen grille, borla exhaust and the black mamba hood

d579b42b.jpg

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
No Saleen grille for me - I have the foglights there and I like them. The louvres... can't decide if I dislike them so much that I'd take 'em off. They're not that bad.

Black Mamba hood? That's not stock?

Nacho98

Reaction score
Nice pickup, though I echo the same sentiments on the tacky dealer add ons (stripes/hoodscoop/louvers). Also not feeling the glass roof or the electronics package (something about having to update software in my car is a turn off to me). All in all for $36k I probably would've ordered brand new and left off those add ons, but if you like it that's what matters. Nice color choice, a red/black 401A with xenons and Brembos would be my choice as well.

Curious though, why did the guy sell? I'm always leery of cars that are just 1-2 years old with a few thousand miles, I'm usually suspicious as to why someone would trade/sell something that new and take such a loss.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Those aren't dealer add-ons. That's all factory Ford options, including the body kit. The glass roof is seriously cool. I love it.

I wouldn't buy a car with the Sync in it, but it came with it and it is indeed pretty cool. :)

The guy was a rich guy. He never really drove it and just bought a vacation house in Prescott, so he was using the money from this for his new house. It's pretty easy to find nice new expensive cars with just a few thousand miles for thousands less than new. I'm perfectly okay with letting someone else take that hit.

Paul.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Nice pick up! Get full exhaust the boss intake a cold air kit and a tune and you'll be easily knocking on the 450 mark at the tires!!! I know MM&FF Put long tubes o/r x pipe and flowmaster cat back with a cold air kit and a tune and it made 440 at the tires!! These things are sweet! I agree with Javi on the Saleen grill though, definetly get the GT/CS front bumper it looks awesome, but congrats man!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Buddy of mine did Boss intake, headers-back exhaust, CAI, and a tune and only made 410 rwhp. Not sure they get to 450 so easily.

I do really like the GT/CS front end though. :)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
too bad the thread isnt titled "I turned a fox into a coyote"

that would have been some magic trick.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
After doing a few quick searches...

It appears the side scoops are stick-on with just 3M tape. I think I'm gonna have them taken off. I can't lose the hood scoop without replacing the hole hood - it's bolted on. Perhaps I can find someone with a Race Red GT that wants to swap.

I'm undecided on the spoiler just yet.

I'm trying to get a hold of my friend to detail this thing. It's sad how bad they are from the factory.

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online