Completed my Coyote Swap

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Those wheels are ugly. I actually like my stockers better.

SoCal_Nick

Reaction score
Awesome car!

You should have offered less.. What do you think the 1st owner paid for it? Ive never seen a new Ford sell for anywhere close to sticker... (Maybe super-duty diesels)

5litrarag

Reaction score
That is badass Paul. The glass roof I have always considered a must-have on these newer cars. I have to admit I have seen a few GTs in the papers lately that were so cheap it made me think for just a moment. But I got other things I'm trying to do right now.... maybe later.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You should have offered less.. What do you think the 1st owner paid for it? Ive never seen a new Ford sell for anywhere close to sticker... (Maybe super-duty diesels)

I did offer less, he wouldn't take it. He already had three people wanting to come see the car 3 hours after posting it. Considering this car was sitting on the showroom floor right next to an '11 GT500, I doubt he paid too far off of sticker for it. The '11s were in major demand when they first came out. Either way, I saved an insane amount of money over a new car, and paid no taxes. That's pretty hard to beat considering sales tax in Phoenix is almost 10%.

Paul.

the.greg

Reaction score
Sweet ride! I like the glass roof and brembo options the most. I test drove a 11 gt, and they are very very impressive for the comfort and performance they offer. I think you got a pretty good deal on it too, looks mint.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks good, Congrats!!!

I hate the stripes and hood scoops they throw on these cars.

That silver one is so sexy without all that

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I got a hold of my detailer buddy. He's gonna look at the car - I bet he can get the stripes off no problem.

Found all the PNs for the GT/CS front end. That will probably go on very soon. Perhaps right after the tint.

Paul.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang Paul, livin it up and doin it right. Hope this won't slow down the fox though ;p

Nacho98

Reaction score
Stripes shouldn't be a problem, the paint is plenty new, they should be able to peel right off with no issues with the right stuff.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
d579b42b.jpg

Javi - do you happen to know what wheels/tires those are? Looks like his headlights are tinted as well, don't you think?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
On the louvers note, I think if you got some rear window louvers, it would look darn sharp.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Makes me wish i had a buyer for the ole green cobra to put a nice down payment on a 2013 :)

Cars sick man, good luck with it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
2013 would be the first year of the 5.0 that I would consider. Wait till they work out all the little bugs that they did not see comming. Cool car none the less paul.

Slykin

Reaction score
2013 would be the first year of the 5.0 that I would consider. Wait till they work out all the little bugs that they did not see comming. Cool car none the less paul.

Eh, the 2013's are a bit goofy looking IMO. You're probably right about the bugs issue though.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score

I've not heard of any major issues with the '11s, have you?

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
only issues ive heard about a few times is the #8 cylinder going out, there are a few different theories going around as to what it is but the most common one that is accepted is the piston rings are too tight. Also theres one about the clutch pedal Ill link here. http://forums.corral.net/forums/s-197-mustang-gt-2011/1240958-clutch-issue.html

i take it all with a grain of salt since the mass majority of people dont have these issues. im a big fan of the new cayote and like everyone else it seems the thought of buying came to mind more than once. ill try and dig up a pickl but the 17 inch Weld RTS setup looks so hot on the new body plus itll save you some pounds. anyways im sure whatever you do will be cool gratz again bro.

Knuckles

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The number 8 cylinder thing is an "underground" recall. When I was dynoing my car, the guy in front of me for tuning had the issue when he was putting the supercharger on his. But Ford wouldn't fix it since it had been boosted.

The tuner said that Ford hasn't had enough of it happening to make an official recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online