Completed my Coyote Swap

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I heard about the #8 piston as well, but I thought that was only on nitrous/boosted cars? Is it more than that?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Yep, just read what Knuckles posted that there's a TSB for the clutch pedal which makes them stick. The transmissions themselves are okay.

Still, this car fucking rules your whole face. :)

Paul.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice Paul.
I want a ride!

the BOSS IM is a great upgrade on that motor, gains all the way across the band.

didn't think you were a red car guy :)

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
the #8 cyl seems to pop up on N/A engines from the little i was looking into right now. It also looks like certain tuners are getting blamed by ford for the incidents, who knows though im sure with enough research which you will undoubtedly do that you will be fine. So many hundreds of positive threads with numbers everywere!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to focus on some visual mods and probably lowering it before I mess with power stuff. The car already has lots of power and runs hard. I love it.

Just picked up my first mod. Boss rear diffuser. Got it on Craigslist for only $100. :) I plan on doing the GT/CS front end too, so this will match nicely.

BossDiffuser.jpg
BossDiffuser2.jpg

Paul.

the.greg

Reaction score
The only bad things I have heard of on the 11+ is the 6 speed manual has issues. Not sure if thats due to the clutch pedal TSB or not, but I have heard more complaints about the trans than the #8 cylinder.

Yours is probably fine, just throwing it out there cuz you asked. I am jealous of your car! Congrats on already modding it too!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Mine is an early '11. It was built 10/08, so the TSB applies to my car. We'll see if I have any issues with it - it's going to the racetrack next Friday so I can embarrass myself. :) I haven't drag raced since 2009, so I'm gonna suck bad. Mid 13s with 400 hp here I come! :p

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Just ordered the GT/CS front end kit with foglights and a Saleen grille. Goddamn you Javi!

Paul.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm freakin laughing so hard.

Paul's like "wellp, I was gonna let it lie for a bit, but now I need to order everything right away"

Good luck at the track!

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
jesus man let the car cool down in the driveway before you rip into it lol, no the choices you made visually are going to make it look sex. we need to get a day at the track setup then for friday night!

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase Paul. I agree with everyone, lose the stripes and scoop. Enjoy the car buddy

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you decided to get the saleen grille. Thats by far the most aggressive grille on the market for the new 5.0's.

justi88

Reaction score
Very nice stang bro, i dream of getting one of those one day... i read alot on other forums that there is a serious problem with the MT-82 6speed transmission, did you know its a chinese transmission? alot of guys have had transmissions fail on their cars and havent had to much help from Ford. The issue is kind of serious, think i saw on stangtv that NHTSA is making a investigation if its really trans problem or operator problem, i saw this a while ago so maybe you can do some research if the issue has been solved or something.. anyway nice 11 5.0, cant wait to see some pics of all the mods you do

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Very nice stang bro, i dream of getting one of those one day... i read alot on other forums that there is a serious problem with the MT-82 6speed transmission, did you know its a chinese transmission? alot of guys have had transmissions fail on their cars and havent had to much help from Ford. The issue is kind of serious, think i saw on stangtv that NHTSA is making a investigation if its really trans problem or operator problem, i saw this a while ago so maybe you can do some research if the issue has been solved or something.. anyway nice 11 5.0, cant wait to see some pics of all the mods you do

Don't believe everything you read on the internetz. The NHTSA did an investigation, and suspended it. Wanna know why they're breaking? Because Mustang drivers abuse the shit outta them. I don't expect Ford to warranty a product being full-throttle powershifted at 7500 rpm under boost/nitrous repeatedly.

Congrats on the purchase Paul. I agree with everyone, lose the stripes and scoop. Enjoy the car buddy

Steven - The stripes should come off next weekend, along with the side scoops and the louvres. The hood scoop is gonna stay for a while - it's bolted on and there's holes in the hood if you remove it.

Paul.