teal 95 gt

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Sweet it looks good, good to know so I am not like "WHAT THE ****" haha thank you. Was it a pain at all removing the original emblems?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sweet it looks good, good to know so I am not like "WHAT THE ****" haha thank you. Was it a pain at all removing the original emblems?

I was replacing the driver side door hinges when a bud gave me the emblems. So the driver side was easy enough because I could get behind the fender easily.
The passenger side gave me fits because it wasn't easy to get behind the fender. So I sharpened me putty knife and worked it through the 3M tape till I found the pin going through the fender. I gave the putty knife a couple shots with a hammer and the emblem popped right off.
Then some clean up with the eraser wheel and the fender was clean.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Well I'm going to try to pop that dent out myself tomorrow, I will sneak a peak for a pin on the inside of the fender from the emblem. Also here is the emblem I sanded and painted the small spots are water and a quick detail spray.

2RhJFBs.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
threw in the freshly painted hood emblem, fixed the dent and just ordered up a set of the 5.0 coyote gloss black fender emblems after looking at the current emblems on my car now.

CgsJwxq.jpg

5n8Rh2j.jpg

gave it a quick once over (springs broke in very nicely!)
80ei7cZ.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
also bought black spline lug nuts off of LMR along with the 5.0 gloss black coyote emblems. the two should make a pretty big difference in the looks of the car imho, I still have the shitty rusted up old lug nuts on atm.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Made a new savings account to throw money in for a cobra brake swap next spring, fun times.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
More PICS YAY, I took off the old emblems today I think they came out very good. I took a few pics nothing too in depth but long story short if you're looking to replace the old emblems with the new 5.0 coyote ones be aware there are two holes one is pretty large but it works perfectly if you cover it with a part of the 5 on the pass. side and part of the 0 on driver's I measured it and used a level and they both came out to 3/4" off of the end of the fender closet to the door and about 13 and 3/8" from the bottom of the fender. I pulled them off with my hands was not too hard then used a magic eraser for a little bit with some good old h2o then used some detailing clay and went back and forth between the two for about 5-10 minutes per side to make sure the surface was clean. I heard people saying use goof off and shit but man **** that, just use water and what I did and stay safe for the paint's sake!I used painters tape to tape the edges of the level where it would touch the car etc make sure to have everything ready before hand and know how you're going to attack it before you start. I also just got a Samsung Galaxy s4 (I HATED MY IPHONE5) this thing's camera is fkn sweet so I took some pics lol first pics are showing the prep and tools I used to the debadging/badging and others were just to be like weeee now you can actually see my car in a good pic lol.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
TOOLS PREP BEFORE AND AFTER EMBLEMS
1oQbqfF.jpg

j0CpCgu.jpg

43nsqIC.jpg

wZ2xuS4.jpg

these are the lugnuts I am putting on either tomorrow after work or Saturday
BDodgN4.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sick man. Love your car. Those 5.0 badges are gonna accent the car very well.. You make me want 18" Saleens... haha.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
here are the rando pics lol enjoy!! I will take real pics soon before it gets too shitty out and I have to store my car.

rrTFw9Y.jpg

PqaXW3R.jpg

eEdqsM7.jpg

v5K8YC4.jpg

2gzNzWf.jpg

Bf4qEuA.jpg

dWnQjdE.jpg

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
When I did mine, I did the worst and used a flat head screw driver to take em off lol. Now I got some scratches.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
When I did mine, I did the worst and used a flat head screw driver to take em off lol. Now I got some scratches.

omg! noooooo haha, I am so anal about anything wth my car haha you could say I am ocd but idk, I normally do not have patience but with this type of shit I have infinite patience. You could probs buy a small thing of paint throw it on and then go over with a clear coat pen and buff it out and would look fine lol.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Sick man. Love your car. Those 5.0 badges are gonna accent the car very well.. You make me want 18" Saleens... haha.

thanks dude! yea they look sick on this teal paint color really pops as for the saleens, I figured everyone around here that has a modded stang or half decent looking one have anthracite bullits or cobras I like to be different lol.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lmao dude i did the same thing. I tried floss it wasnt workin, lost my patience and was like oo a screwdriver would work lol. Got scratches aswell
thanks dude! yea they look sick on this teal paint color really pops as for the saleens, I figured everyone around here that has a modded stang or half decent looking one have anthracite bullits or cobras I like to be different lol.
True lol. What you tryna say i got anthracrite bullitts.. Lmao just ****in with ya. Thats actually why I got bullitts cause around me most sn's i see are beat on and have stockers lol. I miss my saleens tho. Maybe next year ill get a set

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
I cannot wait till next spring and summer to drive this when it's done. I'm going to get the sve cobra brake conversion kit from lmr and have the calipers coated teal and having the rotors done the same color on the outer edges and behind the rim. Tint the windows 35% all around, 5% brow on the windshield and black vinyl on the dot matrix on the rear window. Buy a oem cobra set of headlights and have them sprayed with a mix of black and clear along with the sidemarkers. The last thing will be a boss inc cobra R 2000 hood and badda bing

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I cannot wait till next spring and summer to drive this when it's done. I'm going to get the sve cobra brake conversion kit from lmr and have the calipers coated teal and having the rotors done the same color on the outer edges and behind the rim. Tint the windows 35% all around, 5% brow on the windshield and black vinyl on the dot matrix on the rear window. Buy a oem cobra set of headlights and have them sprayed with a mix of black and clear along with the sidemarkers. The last thing will be a boss inc cobra R 2000 hood and badda bing

don't even bother with that brake kit, you could go to your local parts store and get them for like 49.99 each caliper and 35.99 each rotor, and the 95 cobra lines for 15.99 each, just give the guys your stock calipers as cores.

that's what I did and came out to $230 bux for all new parts, plus the pads of your choice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online